Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daystate Renegade

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough

Daystate Renegade

The "big secret".

It may share a resemblance to Daystate's beautifully styled Pulsar flagship precharged pneumatic. but the all-new Renegade is distinguishable by a secret hidden deep within its synthetic stock: its precharged action is mechanically-driven!

In place of an electronic GCU [Gun Control Unit] and map-compensated firing cycle, the heart of the Renegade beats around the mechanical Harper-patented Slngshot Hammer system. as fitted to its popular Wolverine and Regal siblings. The result is an all-new rifle that shares many of the features equipped on the revolutionary Pulsar, but without all the computerised complexity and expense.

Yet the Renegade is itself not devoid of ground-breaking features, not least it's Hybrid Trigger Unit [HTU). Historically, the bullpup design has delivered limitations with the trigger release due to the more forward location requiring inefficient levers that are detrimental to a good feel. With the electronic Pulsar, this problem was overcome. And Daystate has now extended its know-how to develop a hybrid electronic/mechanical trigger for the Renegade - the first system of its kind to be seen on a high-powered PCP air rifle, and marking an end to the age-old problem of a poor trigger let-off for mechanically-dnven bullpups.

Powered by a single, readily available PP3 type 9-volt battery, the HTU simply transfers the trigger's movement via a wire to a small solenoid which, instantaneously, releases the normally-functioning sears toward the rear of the Renegade's action. In essence, it's an electronic, fly-by-wire system that brings the best of both worlds to the bullpup configuration.

http://www.daystate.com
    Al

.....and the price is ?

Just more from Daystate,then!

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    .....and the price is ?
    • Overall length - 780 mm (30 ins)
    • Cylinder Capacity - 300cc
    • Weight - 3.5kg (7.8 lbs)
    • Calibre .177, .22, .25
    • Power 12 to 38 foot pounds depending on calbre and specification
    • Shots per charge - TBC
    • Loading - Via reversible Sidelever
    • Magazine - 10 shot rotary or single shot via tray
    • Trigger - Hybrid electronic/mechanical
    • Stock options - Ballistic Nylon in black or green (Laminate in forest green or smoke soon)
    • RRP - £1,290.00
    • RRP FAC - £1,340.00

Oh dear.

Cue Daystate bashing.

I was right about a new bullpup and chassis sharing but this is very very tame.

£1300!!!!!

Buy a compatto

I did have my fingers crossed for something more simple, more mechanical - a 'back to basics' kind of rifle. Something with a soul. This sounds like it's going to be another 'lay on your right arm until it's gone dead' kind of experience.

Surely a company that invests in tecnology the way Daystate do could come up with a classic, a true world beater, priced to be available to the masses?

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I did have my fingers crossed for something more simple, more mechanical - a 'back to basics' kind of rifle. Something with a soul. This sounds like it's going to be another 'lay on your right arm until it's gone dead' kind of experience.

Surely a company that invests in tecnology the way Daystate do could come up with a classic, a true world beater, priced to be available to the masses?
    Even I was hoping for a fresh new pneumatic design. Say a side lever, single or magazine fed replenish type rifle, along the lines of the FX Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    • RRP - £1,290.00
    • RRP FAC - £1,340.00
    Too rich for my blood

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    There seems to be a demand form the fans, but a reluctance from Daystate, to launch a proper replacement for the MK4is - an "E Wolverine" of sorts with a proper target capability to give you something to be proud of on an HFT course. Instead we seem to be getting a quick string of guns with a top end price tag and a narrow appeal? I'm sure I must be wrong and the market research says these are what's neded, but I'm not really convincing myself of that one.

James

I was right on the last thread an electrically assisted mechanical bullpup
    well im unimpressed particularly by the price tag
    plus its butt ugly i know thats a personal choice thing
    Its not going to be any better than the compatto
    Another middle finger in the air from DS
    I shall be voting with my wallet
    Vulcan tactical it is then

Not my cup of tea but each to there own, I'll stick with my Air-ranger for now. Although I'm sure this rifle is capable of great things I'm still not sold on the whole bull-pup design.
    IMO They had it right with the Mk3,Mk 4, air ranger/wolf, regal, etc.. That looks like a movie prop from aliens.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Having owned a Compatto for a couple of weeks now, I must admit that a gun costing nearly twice as much will most probably not perform twice as well as the brilliant value for money I have discovered with the Brocock. I have even finally received my additional two magazines and always look forward to shooting the gun, particularly in the standing position. Highly recommended!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Isn't this trigger very similar to the FWB 90 solenoid release trigger? It sounds interesting though.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin Al View Post
    The "big secret".

It may share a resemblance to Daystate's beautifully styled Pulsar flagship precharged pneumatic. but the all-new Renegade is distinguishable by a secret hidden deep within its synthetic stock: its precharged action is mechanically-driven!

In place of an electronic GCU [Gun Control Unit] and map-compensated firing cycle, the heart of the Renegade beats around the mechanical Harper-patented Slngshot Hammer system. as fitted to its popular Wolverine and Regal siblings. The result is an all-new rifle that shares many of the features equipped on the revolutionary Pulsar, but without all the computerised complexity and expense.

Yet the Renegade is itself not devoid of ground-breaking features, not least it's Hybrid Trigger Unit [HTU). Historically, the bullpup design has delivered limitations with the trigger release due to the more forward location requiring inefficient levers that are detrimental to a good feel. With the electronic Pulsar, this problem was overcome. And Daystate has now extended its know-how to develop a hybrid electronic/mechanical trigger for the Renegade - the first system of its kind to be seen on a high-powered PCP air rifle, and marking an end to the age-old problem of a poor trigger let-off for mechanically-dnven bullpups.

Powered by a single, readily available PP3 type 9-volt battery, the HTU simply transfers the trigger's movement via a wire to a small solenoid which, instantaneously, releases the normally-functioning sears toward the rear of the Renegade's action. In essence, it's an electronic, fly-by-wire system that brings the best of both worlds to the bullpup configuration.

http://www.daystate.com
    That's why they kept it a secret because they knew it would be a let down!!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.