Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New acquisition 1955 Walther LP53

New acquisition 1955 Walther LP53

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...sswfgd3ir.jpeg

About as mint as you could hope, and love the early ones with the smooth finish. Best part is that it shoots like new. Chronographed 6 shots and got 405 fps, 405, 408, 404, 405, 405 with a 7.5 grain pellet. Four duplicates in six shoots, and at the high end of their power range, got to love it. From what I read I was not expecting to break 400? Almost equal to my Webley Hurricane.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...sez2hjcit.jpeg
    Last edited by 45flint; 12-02-2016 at 07:25 PM.

lp53

Yes they are superb pistols.would you please put serial no of pistol i collect lp53s.I have serial no 003137. which is 1953 the first year of
    production plus many others up to 1976 the last year.they are very nice if you get one in the delux leather cases black with red or blue
    inners or blue boxes with red or blue inners.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    1955 was serial number 8286 in Jan 1955 to 13394 in Dec 1955
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Serial number is 011668.

Very nicely presented set and some excellent performance. What a great find!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I was reading the instructions and Walther says to use RWS Diabolo pellets? Included in my box was a old tin of those pellets all in German. The tin looks to be contemporary with the gun, it is half filled with pellets that look like they are 60 years old. Was a cool plus to the buy. Given the condition of the gun I bet only that half tin was put through it?

lp53

The date is correct 1955. The early ones such as yours has a adjustable trigger which was discontinued around 1960.original pellets would
    have been a metal RWS tin with 100 pellets in it. Later on they were of the plastic type.Some have barrel weights you can fit to pistol
    All were suplied with cocking knob and cleaning rod though some of these seem to have disapeared.plus extra front and rear sights.
    All the best Roly.

aimless Guest
    Beautiful example, congratulation to this find! And if you want me to translate : let me know.
    Jochen

I have number 056988 with a brown grip and black crackle finish in a Walther hard case with red silk lining.

The pistol is in nice condition, has the correct rear sight, has no chips on the grips and shoots superbly well.

Can anyone advise the year of manufacture and offer any sort of guidance as to the likely value of it if I offer it for sale please?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Early 1963 I think.
    I have the blue silk box with mine.
    Mine has all the bits except the little pellet tin.
    I paid £285 some years ago.

I think £350 now?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I have number 056988 with a brown grip and black crackle finish in a Walther hard case with red silk lining.

The pistol is in nice condition, has the correct rear sight, has no chips on the grips and shoots superbly well.

Can anyone advise the year of manufacture and offer any sort of guidance as to the likely value of it if I offer it for sale please?
    Do you have the two extra front and rear sights, cocking aid and brass cleaning rod? Adds to value. Also yours is a 1963 which is the same year the LP53 serial# 054159 was used by Connery in the Dr No James Bond photo shoot. Your very close to its serial number. If you sell it no harm linking it to this famous gun. See the link below. There are collectors just of Bond related material. I think the fellow above gave you a good thought on value.
    http://www.007museum.com/Walther_LP53_Connery_Bond.htm
    Last edited by 45flint; 13-02-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks for your advice and the date for my LP53 - the link to the James Bond gun is also very interesting!

Strange that one has a black grip and mine has a brown grip!

Is the blue silk lined case any rarer than the red silk lined case or visa versa?

I have two LP53 in blue lined cases and the LP53 mentioned above in a red lined case.

Did the colour of the silk lining change at a certain point in time or were they both used together making it just "pot luck" which colour you had lining the case?

I have the brass cleaning road and the wooden cocking aid and the small pellet tin. I think the spare parts have slid under the case lining - quite a common problem I have found
    Last edited by zooma; 13-02-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Both pistols in that link have missing rear sight elements.
    Mine dont so must be worth £300000.
    Ive seen more red boxes than blue but I dont know the answer.

Smile

Hi

I have number 094124 though it's had a hard life, I was given it free by a friend of my brother in laws

The rearsight still needs sorting out!!

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 13-02-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks for your advice and the date for my LP53 - the link to the James Bond gun is also very interesting!

Strange that one has a black grip and mine has a brown grip!

Is the blue silk lined case any rarer than the red silk lined case or visa versa?

I have two LP53 in blue lined cases and the LP53 mentioned above in a red lined case.

Did the colour of the silk lining change at a certain point in time or were they both used together making it just "pot luck" which colour you had lining the case?

I have the brass cleaning road and the wooden cocking aid and the small pellet tin. I think the spare parts have slid under the case lining - quite a common problem I have found
    Not sure it's right for anyone to have three cased LP53? Lol.