Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: got me a pro sport

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gungeek
    You must be joking, just about everybody's tuned theirs, these guns are so easy to work on. Venom tuning kits work wonders. Regards ... Geek

p.s. I knew you were joking really.
    Really? Mine is factory standard and as smooth as anything else I have ever shot. I bought it 'mint' on here and I don't think it had fired 200 pellets. After about 1000 shots it seemed to say 'thanks Nick now let me show you what I can do now I am properly warmed up' -it is just fantastic. I can hit things I never believed I had the skill to hit at ranges I never believed a 12 ft lb air rifle could reach. If a full Venom job could improve it then it would become perfection. I personally would rather get on shooting it rather than have it out of my possession at the Venom custom shop for weeks!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Really? Mine is factory standard and as smooth as anything else I have ever shot. After about 1000 shots it seemed to say 'thanks Nick now let me show you what I can do now I am properly warmed up' -it is just fantastic. I can hit things I never believed I had the skill to hit at ranges I never believed a 12 ft lb air rifle could reach. If a full Venom job could improve it then it would become perfection. I personally would rather get on shooting it rather than have it out of my possession at the Venom custom shop for weeks!!!
    I'd agree with every word of this, except the word 'Nick'

I've had mine from new, and apart from taking out a couple of spacers to cool it down a bit, and relubing at the same time, I haven't done anything to it.

Except shoot it, that is - and enjoyed every single minute of it. If I can't hit a cow's ar*e with a banjo using anything else, shooting that ProSport makes the sun come out and the birds burst into song...

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 12" Phut
    I'd agree with every word of this, except the word 'Nick'

I've had mine from new, and apart from taking out a couple of spacers to cool it down a bit, and relubing at the same time, I haven't done anything to it.

Except shoot it, that is - and enjoyed every single minute of it. If I can't hit a cow's ar*e with a banjo using anything else, shooting that ProSport makes the sun come out and the birds burst into song...

no its only mine that says 'Nick' yours would say 'phut' or something like that!!

If you think it's smooth now, then fine, I'm not advocating installing approx. £55.00 worth of Venom tuning kit ... just because you can. However, if you have the opportunity to compare your Pro-Sport with one that has had a Venom tuning kit installed, and there is a noticeable difference, you might be tempted to tune your own. The two 'off-the-shelf' Pro-Sports at the club I go to weren't good. Maybe A.A. went through a bad patch, or had a rotten batch of springs or something, who knows. When we had the hot weather in June, one of those bog-standard Pro-Sports had a spring twang straight out of a Loonie-Tune cartoon. If you bought your Pro-Sport second-hand, may be it's been tuned, or partially tuned already. Either way, or any old way, enjoy your new purchase, they're fine guns, I have two, a Mk.II and a Mk.III and the earlier one IS superior. Handing your P.S. over to Venom for "the full treatment" would be a waste of money, in my opinion, it's just not necessary, these are finely engineered and produced guns. Though anybody who thinks A.A. springs are superior, or even as good as, those Venom supply in their tuning kits would definitely be under a misapprehension. Regards ... Geek
    Last edited by Gungeek; 04-08-2005 at 10:41 AM.
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

shrendi Guest
    AA springs are some of the best OEM found in any out of the box gun. Simple addition of delrin spacers fore and aft should be all you need. If you want add a Maccari Apex seal but not much in it.

Mortimer Guest
    Either way, or any old way, enjoy your new purchase, they're fine guns, I have two, a Mk.II and a Mk.III and the earlier one IS superior...
    I didn't know there were different Mks of Pro Sport. How can you tell the difference please?

"I didn't know there were different Mks of Pro Sport. How can you tell the difference please?"

seconded
    WWW.NEATHMOTORCLUB.COM

YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club member

Northernspark Guest
    One says mk11 on it the other says mk111

Ahh shurrup somone had to

Steve

I bought a used Prosport, last week also. It's my second, as I was dumb enough to have one before, then for some unfathomable reason, I sold it.

Now happy as a pig in the smelly stuff - my first PS was beech, this one is Walnut. It looks the biz, and shoots as well as it looks.

Great guns - one of the best springers ever IMHO.

Arrow

If you think it's smooth now, then fine, I'm not advocating installing approx. £55.00 worth of Venom tuning kit ... just because you can. However, if you have the opportunity to compare your Pro-Sport with one that has had a Venom tuning kit installed, and there is a noticeable difference, you might be tempted to tune your own. The two 'off-the-shelf' Pro-Sports at the club I go to weren't good. Maybe A.A. went through a bad patch, or had a rotten batch of springs or something, who knows. When we had the hot weather in June, one of those bog-standard Pro-Sports had a spring twang straight out of a Loonie-Tune cartoon. If you bought your Pro-Sport second-hand, may be it's been tuned, or partially tuned already. Either way, or any old way, enjoy your new purchase, they're fine guns, I have two, a Mk.II and a Mk.III and the earlier one IS superior. Handing your P.S. over to Venom for "the full treatment" would be a waste of money, in my opinion, it's just not necessary, these are finely engineered and produced guns. Though anybody who thinks A.A. springs are superior, or even as good as, those Venom supply in their tuning kits would definitely be under a misapprehension. Regards ... Geek

Thanks for that. Mine was absolutely factory standard untouched and pretty well unused by the previous owner. I am interested that you don't feel the full works would be worthwhile. From there we move to the 'tuned' Weihrauch v 'factory standard' Air Arms debate which, in fairness, I think has been done to death on this forum!

shrendi Guest
    Geek as for the edit to your post to include the OEM spring ref, why not look back at your logic behind piston liners? Nearly everyone else accepts AA springs to be among the best and quite a few other things you obviously don't.

Mortimer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O
    One says mk11 on it the other says mk111

Ahh shurrup somone had to

Steve

Come on, someone must be able to tell me! What's the actual difference between the different Mks of Pro Sport? And when was each introduced?

I wasn't aware that there were different versions; mine doesn't have anything written on it to say, so I'm assuming it's a Mk1.

i don't think mine has a mk on it, but i will have a closer look later
    WWW.NEATHMOTORCLUB.COM

YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club member

Dave. Guest
    MK1's only have two forend screws I believe, one each side.
    MK2's have two screws each side. Maybe other slight differences too.
    MK3's ????

As far as i know, there was never a MK1 or Mk2, Air arms have a continous development policy, and the change in the screws would not justify a MK2 model designation, and I agree, to make a MK2 version there would have to be much more significant differences.
    I think that this MK whatever stuff is often marketing spin , you know, if you haven't got the latest then you must have a small willy