Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jones buys a Webley pistol shock!

Jones buys a Webley pistol shock!

I know many of us appreciate our classic Wobbly air pistols, with a very few able to beat a Steyr wielding 10 metre match shooter with a black beast from the mid sixties (oh how we all laughed!!!)

A certain Mr Jones of north west airgunning fame is well known for his description of all things Webley pistol as "only fit for melting down or as a doorstop."
    However, I have to advise you all that said airgunner has recently been discovered shooting a black .177 air pistol marked "Webley" on the action. In between shouts of "where are those fuzzy wuzzies," the diminutive pistol wielder has now clearly seen the light and is obviously enjoying the wobbly experience along with the rest of us. All he needs now is a pith helmet, some khaki shorts and a regular appearance on "It aint half hot Mum" to finish the shocking persona off.

All is now well with the world!!!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Crikey, now that is news!

I wouldn't be surprised if he shoots a 'possible' with it.

He seems lucky like that...

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I await his input on this thread with baited breath.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

I don't think that even the Barry Sheene Book of Excuses will cover this. I await his explanation eagerly.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Sounds like the nice Webley co2 revolver to me.
    A world away from the tea stirrers he objects too.

Very poor Daily Mail type reporting in my view.

Hi,

Quote " I say unto you that likewise more joy shall be in Heaven over one sinner that repenteth, than over ninety and nine just persons who need no repentance"

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Sounds like the nice Webley co2 revolver to me.
    A world away from the tea stirrers he objects too.

Very poor Daily Mail type reporting in my view.
    BANG ON that man. Tis true - it does have 'Webley' on the side but it is a Mk VI CO2 revolver as used by my great, great grandad at the Battle of Rorkes Drift in Jan 1879.
    I well remember him telling me the tale of how, when surrounded my 15 thousand Zulus he burst into song 'Men Of Harlech' at the top of his voice. Almost instantly a spear comes over the ramparts and beds itself into the chest of a privates stood next to him. He was dead before the dust settled. He sang on, joined by several of his Welsh comrades. Another spear flies over the wall and Jones 487 gets it in the eye. ("Keep blinking Taff - it may work its way out")

"For Christs sake Jones 391!" belows the sargent "Sing summat they know!"

As for shooting the Webley over barrel contraption - I would rather sh*t in my hands and clap.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=124
    Last edited by I. J.; 13-02-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Only in 'Zulu' Ian.
    The Mark VI wasn't around at the time of your relatives epic battle.

You may have to return it to the shop if they misled you.

How is it for accuracy?
    I have the Bb model which is pretty good.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    How is it for accuracy?
    It must be better than the original!

Back before Blair I remember shooting with a .38 one, it struggled to hold the 25 mt target, let alone group! And the .38 round would not go through an Army great coat at 10 mts! I think the Zulu's would just shake themselves and get up and carry on! That's why they developed a bigger calibre, just as inacurate though, I think they deliberatly made the pistol heavy to make it a better club!

Looks good though.
    Have Fun
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Just a thought on the respirator - if it is your picture - has the canister been cleared and certified free of asbestos?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    [B]

As for shooting the Webley over barrel contraption - I would rather sh*t in my hands and clap.
    "When the dark side rejected you have, awaits you the true Jedi weapon"
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    Just a thought on the respirator - if it is your picture - has the canister been cleared and certified free of asbestos?
    Hang on - we've got to have a challenge to keep him on his toes........ life's far too predictable these days
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    No - its packed full of the stuff but what with Ive already got (see signature) its a walk in the park. Oh, and I dont wear it not even when veggie Kev is on the 10m range.

Only in 'Zulu' Ian.
    The Mark VI wasn't around at the time of your relatives epic battle.

You may have to return it to the shop if they misled you.

How is it for accuracy?
    My grandad would have made a good politician. He couldn't tell the truth if it bit him.

As regards accuracy - If I can get 6 pellets onto the black single handed, single action at 10m its been a good target.

Okay, so the real truth is out. Unlike your description of Rourkes Drift, when your Grandad couldn't decide if he should sing "Men of Harlech" or do a plop into his hands and chuck that at them instead.

To be fair, you have managed some decent groups with your WEBLEY, and I did wonder if you hadn't changed your kecks for several months last time I saw you vigorously wiping the grips of your new pistol and blaming Kev for dropping one of his famous veggie parps.

We will have to arrange a shoot out at 10 metres, you with your Grandads pellet version and me with the none brown gripped bb version. Can we sing as we duel?

Andy, (of Spion Cop fame)
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !