Thread: Umarex Colt M45 CQBP

Umarex Colt M45 CQBP

Is this the same gun as the Swiss Arms P1911 / Tangfoglio Witness / Remington 1911 et al, all KWC based or is it a higher build quality ?

It's the same gun. The KWC models are probably the best 1911 based airguns out there at the moment.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

HI David, look at my YouTube channel mate I have one..
    It's one of my favorite pistols.. I have videos talking about quality and maintenance and how to improve performance and how to make parts last longer and gun in problems etc..

As blooregard said it is a KWC 1911, so quality is the same but with there guns you can get a bad egg but can get that with any gun.

But what I have found my Umarex Colt cqbp m45 1911 has a stronger recoil then my other 1911's.
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Gun Shop !

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    HI David, look at my YouTube channel mate I have one..
    It's one of my favorite pistols.. I have videos talking about quality and maintenance and how to improve performance and how to make parts last longer and gun in problems etc..

As blooregard said it is a KWC 1911, so quality is the same but with there guns you can get a bad egg but can get that with any gun.

But what I have found my Umarex Colt cqbp m45 1911 has a stronger recoil then my other 1911's.
    ATB Marc
    Cheers Marc - Can't wait to see your 1911 A1 Government review, I was (almost) convinced but that trigger is so wierd ! The "baby" Beretta looks interesting too. It's looking like the "big" Beretta has displaced the 1911 A1 on my 8 shot Umarex wishlist

I got the S&W 586 as my first venture into multi-shot C02 so (I think) I've started at the top. It was pricey but it is very well made.

I'm going to get one of the older Crosman 357 revolvers before they sell out as I've seen them at a shop I go to for £76, even if I just put it away as I think these are as accurate as the S&W and less "fussy" than the Vigilante.

I'm on the lookout for one of the 2012 Crosman 1322's to complient my classic 1982 "Medalist" just recently repaired with a new valve & seals (£36.50 !)

Damn ! I've got the bug. We do seem to have similar "tastes" in pistols

David

Hi david, yeah for that price you might as well grab a crosman 357
    It does sound like the bug has got you.. lol the bug hits most of us hard mate, every gun i buy i say, thats it no more, then another one comes, it just goes on and on, although airgun wise though i do think i am done now unless they bring out something very special, i have turned to more airsoft guns now, as they are of mostly better quality and spares and upgrades are very easy to get and are readily available worldwide..

lol i review and video list just keeps growing and growing its crazy but i will get round to doing full reviews on all the guns and more too.

The Umarex Government 1911 A1, is one of my least favorites if im honest, to me it just does not feel like how a 1911 feels, (out of the box) the grip safety is way to stiff and crunchy, you have to squeeze and apply quite a bit of pressure to press it in, this is not like our KWC 1911 are any other 1911 i have shot including the real steel cartridge firearm 1911's.
    As you seen yourself the trigger is a big put off for me as well, i hate its looks and im not keen on the feel of it either, dont let me put you off though, i know a few people that love theirs and once they get tuned and internals polished etc, things to operate smoother, but i know not everyone can do this or gets it done..

I prefer my KWC 1911's in every way, (lol ok not shooting accuracy wise, the umarex 1911 A1 is much more accurate)

I much prefer my umarex beretta 92fs to the umarex 1911 A1 as well, im my opinion the order i like the umarex handguns are this,
    Beretta 92fs, Cp88, 585-686, 1911A1, CP99, dont get me wrong i do know and think the 586 is a great revolver for a good few reasons but i have always been put off buying one for myself because of the fixed cylinder rotary magazine it uses, my eyes just get drawn to it and that puts me off. Cant fault quality and accuracy though thats for sure.

The little umarex beretta mod 84fs Blowback BB gun, is a fun little gun to shoot, im not keen on the fact that it has a half blowback function (so the slide recoils back 3/4 of a full stroke so only uncovers 3/4 of the ejection port) also i dont like the trigger loading indexing system on the magazine, it makes the trigger pull VERY long and stiff, also the slide have a tiny rail on the frame at the rear so you get quite a bit of slide wobble at the front which lets its accuracy down, its fine for hitting tin cans but not good for anything smaller really as its inconsistent in accuracy..
    Has good power though and a high shot count of around 100 per co2 capsule, and is a lovely gun to hold..

lol i am quite fussy with guns, you noticed?
    All the best, marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..