Thread: Walther LGV

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Walther LGV

Does the Walther LGV have a leather piston seal? Are they readily available?

Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

RobinC,

AFAIK, the LGV used synthetic piston washers.

Walther did use leather on some of the early LG51/53/55s, and from what I have read, they were prone to using up what they had - so you may end up with a sightly later rifle with a leather seal.

However, by the 1960s, when the LGV came out, I would be very surprised if they used anything other than synthetic piston seals. (However, you never know )

It seems most of the modern piston seal replacements are designed to use the 25 mm Weihrauch parachute piston seals.

(I have ordered one of these for my LG55.)

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Thanks Russ
    Its behaved like a leather seal, not used for a considerable time and just lost compression totally, symptom of shrunk seal. Never mind, Ill pop it off to Wonky, then when its done leave it for another 30 years!
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?