Thread: How do you adjust the trigger of a Walther LP53

How do you adjust the trigger of a Walther LP53

I have a LP53 with a adjustable trigger, but am not sure how to do it? Below is a picture of the the area where you adjust. There is a small screw on top of what looks like a washer that has grooves that could be adjusted as well? Nothing in the instructions?
    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...s1pvnyh68.jpeg

Got this from Len from my email request, he knows LP53s!
    Hi Steve,
    To adjust the trigger on an LP53, you have to back the adjustment screw lock-nut off, so that the actual adjustment screw can be turned. Once the trigger is adjusted to your liking, the lock-nut must then be tightened up again. The little screw in the center is the adjusting screw - the lock-nut is the collar with the two slots in it that surrounds the adjusting screw. You may have to modify a standard screwdriver bit, if you do not already have the necessary spanner-type bit to fit the lock-nut.
    Regards,
    Len

lp53

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Got this from Len from my email request, he knows LP53s!
    Hi Steve,
    To adjust the trigger on an LP53, you have to back the adjustment screw lock-nut off, so that the actual adjustment screw can be turned. Once the trigger is adjusted to your liking, the lock-nut must then be tightened up again. The little screw in the center is the adjusting screw - the lock-nut is the collar with the two slots in it that surrounds the adjusting screw. You may have to modify a standard screwdriver bit, if you do not already have the necessary spanner-type bit to fit the lock-nut.
    Regards,
    Len
    Thats quite correct a modified screw driver is needed so as not to burr the said parts.Ihave never seen or heard of a proper tool for the job
    has any one else.

Surprising that Walther would not have included a tool to make this adjustment. But they went to a non adjustable trigger fairly quickly, maybe that was their answer. This adjustment ability is a major advantage of the early pistols. Interestingly that the cheap Polish copy has a adjustable trigger?

Surprising that Walther would not have included a tool to make this adjustment. But they went to a non adjustable trigger fairly quickly, maybe that was their answer. This adjustment ability is a major advantage of the early pistols. Interestingly that the cheap Polish copy has a adjustable trigger?
    Yes in deed the adj. trigger finished around 1960 and yes the polish copy called a PREDOM does have one.Made by the goverment arms factory.
    Of which i have 3. two boxed 1 not.I bought 2 of them at the CINEY arms fair in Belgium.One of the biggest fairs in europe a cracking day out.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Yes in deed the adj. trigger finished around 1960 and yes the polish copy called a PREDOM does have one.Made by the goverment arms factory.
    Of which i have 3. two boxed 1 not.I bought 2 of them at the CINEY arms fair in Belgium.One of the biggest fairs in europe a cracking day out.
    Predom rarer in the US, scary part with them is I read they will fire opened and bite you, Walther will not? But read they are very well made for the price.

Predom rarer in the US, scary part with them is I read they will fire opened and bite you, Walther will not? But read they are very well made for the price.
    Sorry i did not realise you were in U.S. they vary in price in G.B.any where between £80 to £150 boxed Predom that is.
    LP53s between £150 unboxed to £400 in cardboard original box with all accs. to a mint de-lux leather fitted case type with all accs.
    Not alot have the original RWS 100 pellet tin left in them i do have a few of them quite rare.
    Roly

Sorry i did not realise you were in U.S. they vary in price in G.B.any where between £80 to £150 boxed Predom that is.
    LP53s between £150 unboxed to £400 in cardboard original box with all accs. to a mint de-lux leather fitted case type with all accs.
    Not alot have the original RWS 100 pellet tin left in them i do have a few of them quite rare.
    Roly
    P.S DE-LUX boxes about £400 to 600.

Those prices are similar here maybe a little higher. I think availability may be better in U.K. Seem to have a much richer tradition of quality air guns.

Ihave never seen or heard of a proper tool for the job
    has any one else.
    They are called spanner type screwdriver bits - available in a variety of sizes.
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...2QYIuN8UXa4HOy

lp53 adjusted trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardj View Post
    They are called spanner type screwdriver bits - available in a variety of sizes.
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...2QYIuN8UXa4HOy
    Well done being a retired motor mechanic i completly forgot about your so called spanner bits we called them security bits of which i have
    asmall box of assorted type bits including the ones you indicate. i should have none better.