Thread: A 1913 BSA Standard with Factory Fitted No 8 Sight

A 1913 BSA Standard with Factory Fitted No 8 Sight

For Sale: A scarce 'Target' model with factory fitted No 8 sight. The stock has been cut away to accommodate the sight and the sight folds neatly into the stock recess when not in use. 6 hole PH iris fitted and this matches the thin 'globe' style bead within the rifle's BSA No 19 shaded foresight. The No 19 also had a small ring element but this was corroded when I bought the rifle and sheared off during a shooting session, much to my frustration. The globe foresight is thin enough for you to choose which part of a 3/8 inch bell aperture you want to place a pellet - it really is that accurate. The rifle is also fitted with a BSA No 21a aperture sight, which has been mounted backwards on a shelf behind the trigger block - a non factory but contemporary modification. Not sure why somebody added the No 21a, as I have never even bothered to zero it, on the basis the No 8 is so accurate. I originally bought this rifle as a duplicate (I already had a similar model some 700 digits younger) to use as an 'all weather' gun but as you can imagine, I have never taken this BSA out in the rain and now need the space in the gun cabinet for a new acquisition. £325 f2f preferred but can post at buyers expense and risk. Paypal accepted net of fees or as a gift.

Photos of the rifle can be seen on the Vintage BSA Airgun Forum. Link below:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/67044...ial+no.+S69099

Thanks for looking

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 14-02-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Can I ask what happened to the right hand side of the front sight ?

I think the no. 21a sight will just reverse it its existing screw holes.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I think the no. 21a sight will just reverse it its existing screw holes.
    Hi Danny,

Not sure it's that simple. The sight folds flat on its shelf but reversing it would mean a scallop would need to be ground/cut for the lateral adjuster. I did toy with the idea of removing the 21a altogether and fitting a spirit bubble but could not find a suitable contemporary one.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Quote Originally Posted by foggy3380 View Post
    Can I ask what happened to the right hand side of the front sight ?
    The foresight is on a raised block and those photos were taken when I first bought the rifle, when the foresight was fitted the wrong way round. I have since reversed it to correct. I'll take some extra pics tomorrow.

Kind regards,

John

A real beauty John, if only I wasn't so desperate to get my hands on a SMLE...
    Hoping to look at a few next Sunday

I take it that the ring sight that broke is the one visible in the pics? What a shame, but it does look fragile.

I would like to buy this one please.

Thank you Slug gun for confirming your offer to buy, as per our telephone conversation.

Thanks everyone else for your interest.

Kind regards,

John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    What a great rifle, glad it's gone to a good home.

That's lovely.
    Glad I don't visit the forum every day, I would have had to buy it, and that may have got me in trouble!!!
    Thanks - Geoff.