Thread: WEBLEY SCOTT JUNIOR what pellets

WEBLEY SCOTT JUNIOR what pellets

hi I have a Webley scott junior .177 pistol,smooth bore,can any one recommend what pellets would be best size make etc

Hello Paul,

My favourite .177 pellets for all my old air guns, especially air rifles are H&N Final Match (Pistol), but these are quite expensive and therefore I use RWS Hobby which is also a flat head pellet for more informal target shooting.

Regards

Brian

hi are these just 4.5mm regards

The H&N Match pellets can be obtained in .450 or .451 and the RWS Hobby are .450. The difference in diameter is only really important to 10 metre match pistol shooters and the Hobby is definitely the pellet I would recommend for your Junior. As a matter of interest, I have found little difference in accuracy between my smoothbore Junior and my Mk2 rifled Junior at the recommended 6 - 10 yds ranges using either pellet.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    The H&N Match pellets can be obtained in .450 or .451 and the RWS Hobby are .450. The difference in diameter is only really important to 10 metre match pistol shooters and the Hobby is definitely the pellet I would recommend for your Junior. As a matter of interest, I have found little difference in accuracy between my smoothbore Junior and my Mk2 rifled Junior at the recommended 6 - 10 yds ranges using either pellet.

Regards

Brian
    thanks,i need a new breech washer do you know which one I need regards

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello Paul,

My favourite .177 pellets for all my old air guns, especially air rifles are H&N Final Match (Pistol), but these are quite expensive and therefore I use RWS Hobby which is also a flat head pellet for more informal target shooting.

Regards

Brian
    Hobbys are my standard plinker pistol pellet too. You could also try RWS Gecos, or the Umarex domes that our BBS sponsor (JSR) sells very cheaply.

I use Hobby's just because they are relatively cheap and easy to find locally or otherwise but to be honest I don't think it matters in the smooth bore Junior - any old pellet is fine.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Quote Originally Posted by paulwhite View Post
    thanks,i need a new breech washer do you know which one I need regards
    Hi Paul,

All you need to know is included in this earlier thread.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Breech-Washers

Regards

Brian