Thread: Fwb 800 ft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quite a difference between the factory and the modded 10m ones, both cost to put right.
    10m ones almost dead as they have a stabilisor and modded should we say robustly.

10m much quicker cycle rather than the subdued slowish wooley firing cycle of the factory jobbies.
    I can see rub marks on your cylinder Rob a sure sign.

All sorts of problems with grouping. This photo shows its attempt at a 10 shot 45yd group

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...w/IMG_0365.jpg

Do you have problems with your scope mounting? Personally, I think that the gun resembles something I might have made with my Meccano set (thinks of the strange breech/loading lever.) What you really need is a BSA Meteor.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Do you have problems with your scope mounting? Personally, I think that the gun resembles something I might have made with my Meccano set (thinks of the strange breech/loading lever.) What you really need is a BSA Meteor.

Andy
    Meteor? Nah I'll stick with the Airsporter. Prefer the old Webley Mk111 though.
    (No problem with the scope mount by the way!)

There isn't many about of the fwb 800ft.

Poi

Change of POI with the FWB 800 Basic (wooden stock).

Any one had any experience of this happening?

Fred16

POI on mine only changed on 2 circumstances:
    1. After taking the action out the stock. Solved this by using a torque srewdriver when refitting the stock.
    2. When the regulator jams open. There is quite a power curve and the POI shifts through the shot sequence.

The later happens frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by ags2k View Post
    There isn't many about of the fwb 800ft.
    As rare as Dobby-horse shite - makes 'em even more special .....

Jack
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    All sorts of problems with grouping. This photo shows its attempt at a 10 shot 45yd group

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...w/IMG_0365.jpg
    Pathetic!

I always take an image of my 50 yard groups with a .177 pellet against them. has to be a .177 as a .22 would cover them!

Must be all that junk you're piling on top of it -

Like those folks you see driving cars with roof racks and bike racks fitted .....

I don't like fat ladies myself ...... sorry.

Jack
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

I thought long and hard about switching to a FWB/Anschutz but have stuck with my FTP Zenith. I would 100% follow Jon's advice and buy the model he recommends and have him convert it. The reason I stayed with the FTP is that nothing I can buy will outgroup it and I'm not going to be buying any more targets if I change guns. The FTP is heavy for sure but I also had a heavily modified EV2 that was as light as they come, I sold the EV2 as I found a heavier gun better for standing shots.