Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fwb 800 ft

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Do you have problems with your scope mounting? Personally, I think that the gun resembles something I might have made with my Meccano set (thinks of the strange breech/loading lever.) What you really need is a BSA Meteor.

Andy
    Meteor? Nah I'll stick with the Airsporter. Prefer the old Webley Mk111 though.
    (No problem with the scope mount by the way!)

There isn't many about of the fwb 800ft.

Poi

Change of POI with the FWB 800 Basic (wooden stock).

Any one had any experience of this happening?

Fred16

POI on mine only changed on 2 circumstances:
    1. After taking the action out the stock. Solved this by using a torque srewdriver when refitting the stock.
    2. When the regulator jams open. There is quite a power curve and the POI shifts through the shot sequence.

The later happens frequently.

I'm thinking about getting one, I shoot a Steyr myself but love the look of these. Not sure where to get one from but have been advised abroad, anyone make any suggestions?

Personally I wouldn't buy on looks, performance should be priority.

In all fairness Rob that's only 10 shots, whats it do with temp and lower fill in cylinder.
    The front cradle will move upwards like a banana from cold 3mm tested over 4 yrs ago.
    The factory FT has a subdued semi slow firing cycle and mild delayed recoil though chalk and cheese compared to any Walther. May have a good stock 2 in 3 just pivot at fixing. Combine that with 4 M3X40screws that can bend with two fingers and thumb holding cylinder, sloppy reg, sloppy packer in to block don't inspire confidence as it cant be tightened up and free to float around inducing constant stresses.
    Wood stocks are less likely to shift zero they have more grab on side of action fixing. Have heard of 10M X users suffer zero shift and a pain to put right.

Just for reference heres a shot took last September 51 yards 5 shot group spoilt on last shot opening up to make 8mm edge to edge from 5mm hole.
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...800X%20No7.jpg

Some reg bellevilles are stacked incorrectly giving that power curve. If fill up and powers low, unscrew tube dump air in valve and screw cylinder back on.

Theres only two rifles I would buy both 10M and modded accordingly, Anchutz 9015 or a Feinwerkbau P800.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt5mith View Post
    I'm thinking about getting one, I shoot a Steyr myself but love the look of these. Not sure where to get one from but have been advised abroad, anyone make any suggestions?
    There's a UK sub 12ft-lbs version at Dolphin airguns in Stoke on Trent at £2,300 - brand new. Identical to my own.

I've no idea where the 'knockers' get their ideas from but they certainly can't be based in fact!

Mine is superb to shoot and has never missed a beat in all weather conditions.

It out-shot my Steyr LG110 FT 2014 - so I sold it.
    It out-shoots my AA FTP900.
    It out-shot my AA EV2 Mk4 with Joe Corick reg so I sold it.
    It out-shot my Hammerli AR20FT so I sold it.
    It out-shot my HW101 FT full-length so I sold it.

If anyone want's a rifle to make tiny groups with out of the carton - Buy the feinwerkbau P800X FT.......superb.

Walther - eat your hearts out!

Jack

P.S. Buying from abroad may not be the best option now Sterling has fallen against the Euro! Do the math first.
    Last edited by Jackspratt; 23-10-2016 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added PS
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

Quote Originally Posted by ags2k View Post
    There isn't many about of the fwb 800ft.
    As rare as Dobby-horse shite - makes 'em even more special .....

Jack
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    All sorts of problems with grouping. This photo shows its attempt at a 10 shot 45yd group

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...w/IMG_0365.jpg
    Pathetic!

I always take an image of my 50 yard groups with a .177 pellet against them. has to be a .177 as a .22 would cover them!

Must be all that junk you're piling on top of it -

Like those folks you see driving cars with roof racks and bike racks fitted .....

I don't like fat ladies myself ...... sorry.

Jack

I thought long and hard about switching to a FWB/Anschutz but have stuck with my FTP Zenith. I would 100% follow Jon's advice and buy the model he recommends and have him convert it. The reason I stayed with the FTP is that nothing I can buy will outgroup it and I'm not going to be buying any more targets if I change guns. The FTP is heavy for sure but I also had a heavily modified EV2 that was as light as they come, I sold the EV2 as I found a heavier gun better for standing shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    I have one and love it. There are some potential issues however like losing zero but I have not come across any problems so far. The rifle is completely dead to shoot and groups are amazing. On the chronograph I am getting a spread of 4fps over 40 shots at 11.73FP with JSB 4.52.

I would post a piccy but don't have a clue how you do it or if you can do it!

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...G_0370%201.jpg

See if that worked!

Had mine for a little while now. Love it. Can I ask where you got the hamster wheel set up from for it. Would love to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by richardhurst View Post
    Had mine for a little while now. Love it. Can I ask where you got the hamster wheel set up from for it. Would love to get one.
    Considering that the last post was in OCT last year, I would say that it is probably a Rowan Engineering one.

http://www.rowanengineering.com/products13.htm

A.G

Thank you for your help