Thread: Fitting a laser to a 2240

Fitting a laser to a 2240

Anyone got any idea how I can fit a red laser dot sight under a Crosman 2240?

OK, I know it is not really something for this section but you guys all have bright ideas. The rail size for the sight is not the normal, it is poss 22mm or therabout????? (Airsoft?).

What I am after is some sort of clamp that will fit to the body of the gun that the sight can be fixed to.

Yes, this is a major deviation from my norm, something I do on the odd occasion. (See my Steam Punk pistol).

Any help gratefully accepted. (Yes I have tried other areas on the BBS, not very friendly are they.).
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

I'm reading that as you already have a laser designed for a rail mount?

In which case it is probably for a 20mm Weaver/M1913 Picatinny type rail.

Buy a length of "Weaver Rail", and find a way of fixing it under the comp tube. Ideally drill and tap and bolt it on. Otherwise, you might chop it to bolt on using a longer front trigger guard screw and some kind of spacer. Or use some very strong glue or maybe solder. Job done, to varying degrees of professionalism.

If you don't want the iron sights, you could stick it on top using the rather horrid Crosman Pro-Blox topped off with an "11mm to Weaver Adaptor Rail".

Or get a circular laser and a "Figure 8 Laser/Flashlight Clamp Mount" designed to put a laser/maglite on a scope. Ought to work.

Or buy a laser sight with a "Universal Trigger Guard Mount".

Bits in quotation marks are what you need to search for on sales/auction sites.

Or use the Crosman pro blocks and attach to the barrel up side down. That'd give you an 11mm dovetail. A laser with a dovetail fitting would be the easiest. Or a 11mm to 20mm adapter.
    BSA Meteor Mk5 .177 | Webley Tracker .22 | Umarex Beretta 92FS .177 | Crosman 2260 .22 | Crosman 1077 .177 | Colt SAA | SMK CP1 .25 | Hatsan Model 125 Sniper .25 | Benjamin Trail NP .22 | Crosman 2250 XL .22 | BSA Super Meteor Mk 3 .22 | BSA Superstar Mk2 .22 |

Thanx guys, been doing the net and think I may have solved my problem but as it is coming from China I will not know for s few weeks.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .