Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol recommendations please

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent

Pistol recommendations please

Usually a rifle shooter and in fact I just sold my only pistol, a Gamo AF10, which I had much fun with when living and working in Spain.

Oddly I am now craving a pistol and envisage little target shooting sessions with family and friends. So here are my requirements, what do you suggest:

.177, cheaper ammo
    Compact, not too heavy but solid and attractive (I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere)
    Break barrel or CO2
    Reasonably accurate with open sights
    Good trigger
    Max £80

Tall order ? I look forward to your thoughts

also what is the right range for pistol targets 6 or 10 metres ?

Many thanks

Steve
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Crossman 2240 is a good fit to your requirements and budget but is .22 (but they shoot well with .22 hobbies that are pretty cheap), the 1377 is another good choice.

I think 6 yards or 10 metres are "official" distances.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Thank you I shall take a look at both those pistols
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

If it's for target shooting then go .177 , comps are 6yard and 10 mtr although we also do a 20 yarder comp at our club.

BSA Meteor Mk5 .177 | Webley Tracker .22 | Umarex Beretta 92FS .177 | Crosman 2260 .22 | Crosman 1077 .177 | Colt SAA | SMK CP1 .25 | Hatsan Model 125 Sniper .25 | Benjamin Trail NP .22 | Crosman 2250 XL .22 | BSA Super Meteor Mk 3 .22 | BSA Superstar Mk2 .22 |

£80ish is not much for a new gun, including those mentioned. I'd avoid most of the Sino-Turkish stuff, though the "Browning" BuckMark gets good reviews. As does the "Ruger" Somethingorother.

Used, you might pick up for £80, though in less than perfect condition:

- BSA Scorpion (but too big);
    - Webley Hurricane/Tempest/Mark1/crummy late alloy Premier;
    - Diana/"Original" Model 5/5G;
    - (multi-pump): Crosman 1377, Benjamin HB17.

I myself would pick the Hurricane or Diana if I was only going to own one and the Scorp was judged too big. Forced to pick one, it would (just) be the Diana 5. But it's very close and I might think differently tomorrow.

You appear not to want an SSP, but a new Beeman P17 or other HW40 clone is pretty good, and cheap; as would be a used HW40, Webley Nemesis, or, returning full circle, a Gamo PR15/PR45/AF10.

Quote Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton View Post
    That one I really like ! Couldn't see a price ???

In Your price range,
    Break Barrel, Hatsan Model 25, or pneumatic and cheaper yet a Beeman P17
    Co2, S&W 586-6
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Seems like it is less than £50, can that be right ?

has anyone here bought from this Polish shop successfully ?

thanks for all advice folks

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    275ZL EQUATES TO £48 wow thats cheap, they are £130+ on uk sites. Is it the same SPA chinese pistol..

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    275ZL EQUATES TO £48 wow thats cheap, they are £130+ on uk sites. Is it the same SPA chinese pistol..
    The pistol with a mag is a bit more but the c02 pistols they have on offer are very cheap
    Last edited by buttloaves; 16-02-2016 at 11:28 PM.

Seems like it is less than £50, can that be right ?

has anyone here bought from this Polish shop successfully ?

thanks for all advice folks
    Including post and fees (PayPal) it cost £63 all in to your door....a few weeks back anyways.

Benefits from a weaker hammer spring (few pound on t'bay) to increase shot count, and a shim to shorten trigger pull. A very worthwhile pistol.

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    An HW40 can be had for £100 new and is an accurate single stroke pneumatic pistol. No need to buy any c02 bulbs, just ammo. You might find one second hand in the sales section now and then for less.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Including post and fees (PayPal) it cost £63 all in to your door....a few weeks back anyways.

Benefits from a weaker hammer spring (few pound on t'bay) to increase shot count, and a shim to shorten trigger pull. A very worthwhile pistol.
    Yep, you can't go wrong. Excellent service and delivery to your door. Buy one you won@t be disappointed.

275.00 zł which is Polish currency. Just chuck it into Google as

275.00 zł to £

And Google will give you the answer.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...%20to%20%C2%A3

£48.70

There will be shipping on top, but probably less than £10. Easy to pay via PayPal and they speak good English if you need to email them. Delivery will probably take 5-10 days or so.
    BSA Meteor Mk5 .177 | Webley Tracker .22 | Umarex Beretta 92FS .177 | Crosman 2260 .22 | Crosman 1077 .177 | Colt SAA | SMK CP1 .25 | Hatsan Model 125 Sniper .25 | Benjamin Trail NP .22 | Crosman 2250 XL .22 | BSA Super Meteor Mk 3 .22 | BSA Superstar Mk2 .22 |