Thread: Air match 600 Valuation

Air match 600 Valuation

Hi folks Thinking of selling my air match 600 ssp target pistol, in order to fund other required items. It's .177, right handed, has the removable sight extension and original box with keys. Overall it's in pretty good condition although the grip has had some work and filler added, think it will come off pretty easily. Anyway can anyone give me a rough valuation for the pistol, then I can put it up for sale in the required section.

Cheers

First, to declare my interest, I collect pistols, and if you put it up for sale, I'd look at your ad and have a think. On the other hand, I already have far too many bloody guns and far too many other things to spend cash on, so this is definitely not tampering with a valuation thread, dear moderators.

But, given the above, I will offer observations, not a value.

a) The last one I saw for sale at a dealer was an LH model, in very nice shape, for (I think) just under £400 asking price;

b) I have read threads on here about a funny-shaped rear seal that is hard to replace when it goes; that could be a factor;

c) the nearest contemporary equivalent is probably the FAS604, which typically goes for somewhere between £200 and £300, depending on condition, seals, accessories, etc. As do the top springers like the FWB65 and 80, and (often a little bit more) the Diana LP10M. However, the CU600 is rarer.

Hope that is useful.

Christ, I bought then sold a good condition and air-tight one (no case, but with the sight extension), for about £160.

That was 10 years ago though.

I kinda miss it, as it had the best trigger I've ever had. And I've had a few...

Price was about the same as for a good 2nd hand FAS 604 at that time.

I wouldn't pay more than £200. now, for a well used and altered grip'd Air Match or FAS.

But perhaps others would.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 17-02-2016 at 12:32 AM.

I recently bought a cased Match 650 Olympic version of the 600 that had the sight extensions (front and rear) various different sized front and rear sight elements handbook and a factory colored brochure in very good condition for £100.

...BUT it had a leak !

The alloy compression chamber had split but I managed to find a STEEL alternative to replace it with but the infamous conical seal could not be found anywhere but another alternative worked and the pistol is now shooting really well after bidding £50 for a job lot of spare parts from a previous Air Match importer (still no seals - the first thing he ran out of).

The pistol looks really smart and with the steel compression chamber alternative it should never blow-up another one but the Air Match is now a desirable collectors item and there should be no problem getting £200 + from a collector for a complete working example and more perhaps for a really tidy cased example with the option parts and paperwork.
    Last edited by zooma; 17-02-2016 at 03:18 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Air Match 600

Hi - old thread I know! Would you know where to get a steel compression chamber and seals? Cheers, Mike