Thread: Let's see some photos of your FWB Sports

Let's see some photos of your FWB Sports

For the last couple of days us yanks have been posting photos of our 127 and 124 Sports and I thought you blokes might be interested in joining in.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537.../Expand+Thread

Tom in the USA

My 127. Not pretty, but it shoots very well.

Matt

I have had Quite a few !
    This Is my Best Ever and I will keep it Forever

Some others

Feinwerkbau Sport

How nice to see such fine examples of this respected air rifle

Although I own some very nice modern spring rifles including Prosports and Tx's my favorite spring powered air rifle is still the FWB 124

My remaining 124 is a mk2 and virtually mint. Accuracy is up there with the best, even at 50-55yds, power is arround 11.4 ft lbs and it is just so easy to cock
    A new piston head and spring were fitted by the previous owner but no tuning mods were necessary

I have owned 5 or 6. FWB Sports over the past 40 yrs and these have been sold on (except one) so that I could purchase the latest new kid on the block, but none have been as nice to own as shoot as the Sport

I hear about some of the rifles weak points but mine have all given good service and been very reliable.

Some of the pics shown above show the rifle with walnut stocks and my only critisism of the UK purchased 124/127's is that the came with beech stocks.

Some of the mk1's stocks had attractive beech woodwork but on later ones the beech was unfortunately quite plain

I remember Airmasters used to supply a walnut stock that was very attractive but the tyrolean stocked example shown above beats any I have seen. It really is superb Tom

John
    hold me back !!

Walnut stocks

The Walnut stocks were not a FWB option.
    Beeman offered them here in the US as a very expensive option as some would cost more than the rifle. Not sure how many were made but they came from a custom stock maker and could be ordered with or without checkering and in different grades of Walnut.
    Seldom do you see one of these gems come up for sale as collectors seem to hold on to them forever.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    The Walnut stocks were not a FWB option
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seldom do you see one of these gems come up for sale as collectors seem to hold on to them forever.

Tom
    I can understand why and imagine they would sell very quickly if coming up for sale

Out of interest, have you fellows seen the latest FWB Sport and are they selling well in the USA?

John
    hold me back !!

Manchester guns sold the Sport with a factory Walnut stock,very rare i believe only 50 were available.
    The Beech stocks had two styles of checkering which i can't date as they seem to cross from late MK1 to the MK11 then back to normal on the MK111.
    There is at least 3 types of butt pad may be 4 including the plastic hard pad,soft reddish pad then the harder brown pads like the HW version.
    The ASI imported MK11 has the sticker on the cylinder & is stamped Series 11 on the breach.
    UK imports had the number on the rear left of the cylinder & i believe the Beeman name on US versions was on the right.