Thread: Pistol scope parallax? Newbie

Pistol scope parallax? Newbie

My eyes are getting old and I wanted to get back to shooting my Webley Hurricane with a scope. Had two scopes already a Leupold M8 EER for pistol and a Leupold pistol red dot. I am shooting at about 30 ft. Was reading about parallax. They both don't have adjustable objectives. How bad it this going to be? What are my options.

Don't worry too much about parallax error when shooting an air pistol at 30ft, I seriously think that it is irrelevant in this situation, particularly with a red dot sight on board, just ignore the science, and enjoy your pinking

Thanks currently I have the lens scope on. I can see the target move slightly with a movement of my head.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    You could try to re-parallax the scope. The objective lens needs to be moved outwards. See if you can remove the locking ring at the very front (latex gloves help to get a grip). Sometimes they are locktited in and it will need some bravery to heat it up with a hairdryer. If you can remove the locking ring then you should be able to see the objective lens carrier. They usually have diametrically opposed slots. You need to make up a tool to fit the slots and wind the objective lens outwards - keep checking until you see no target movement at your chosen range. Better to go at it slowly - should need no more than 1/2 turn. Stuff on YouTube etc. on how to do it.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    You could try to re-parallax the scope. The objective lens needs to be moved outwards. See if you can remove the locking ring at the very front (latex gloves help to get a grip). Sometimes they are locktited in and it will need some bravery to heat it up with a hairdryer. If you can remove the locking ring then you've should be able to see the objective lens carrier. They usually have diametrically opposed slots. You need to make up a tool to fit the slots and wind the objective lens outwards - keep checking until you see no target movement at your chosen range. Better to go at it slowly - should need no more than 1/2 turn. Stuff on YouTube etc. on how to do it.
    Thanks very helpful but see if I am brave enough. Lol. Will try Red Dot first no magnification so I assume parallax will not be an issue? The lense scope was only 2X but that was kind of nice.

Turnup has it 100% correct.

I did this to a BSA 2-7 pistol scope and re parrelaxed it to 10m. Before i adjusted this the reticule moved more than an inch if i moved my eye position.

Very easy to sort this!

Was not liking the accuracy with the scope took it off and put a red dot scope on instead. Huge difference was hitting 10s at 25 ft.