Thread: Original/Diana Mod 6M or 10M - Cost?

Original/Diana Mod 6M or 10M - Cost?

What is a sensible price for a 6M or 10M in good working order? I have seen some high prices for the 10M on the wider web

The 10M is undoubtedly the superior pistol, but unfortunately might be prone to the same issue as the 6M - cracking of the plastic barrel shroud on earlier models.

6M, £100-150 in decent shape. Toward the upper end if recently professionally resealed. Toward the lower if cracked shround. Less if seals gone and unknown internal condition. More than £150 in exceptional condition with match grip, accessories, history, etc.

10M roughly double those figures. Dont think I've seen one for less than £200 recently. And have seen some advertised at £400+ with case and accessories (though at that price, given a very nice FWB will be £100 less, I wonder how many sell).

Thanks, those figures look about right. The 10M goes for (too) high price on the web. Great pistol but at the end of the day hand cranked (stiff at that) and not condusive to prolonged use. High price may suite a collector but not a shooter.
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 19-02-2016 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Thanks

Iirc I bought my 6M in as NEW condition for about 150-200 euro's.
    The 10 is a tad more expensive, upto 250.
    Had both, prefer the 6M though. Like that grip better.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    There does seem to be geater supply and lower demand for the old German target guns on the Continent, and therefore lower prices than here.

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I find the trigger is too far away on any of the slant grip model 5, 6 and 6M pistols - even for me with my big hands and long fingers - which is strange as the very early wood grip and later moulded plastic grip models that both preceded the slant grip models fitted the hand much better and the trigger is positioned better as well allowing the classic "pad of index finger at 90 degrees" to be achieved for most shooters without too much of a problem.

The older style Model 5 and 6 pistols with the moulded plastic grips give a better trigger location and the military grip works very well on a springer as well.

The Model 10 is a superb pistol that shoots and handles very well but I understand any comment about the cocking feeling a bit rough - but all of the Giss system pistols and rifles feel like that as the geared trunnion wheels run up the toothed rack and the three internal springs compress - and is nothing to worry about. When everything fly's in the opposite direction after the trigger is pulled they feel as smooth as silk and that is the bit that matters!

The barrel sleeves on the Mark 2 Model 10 are the ones at the most risk from spitting as they have a barrel weight screwed on underneath and this is held on by two thick self tapping screws - in exactly the wrong place (!) where the moulded sleeve is at its weakest Removing this weight (or better still) not fitting it is the best idea.

The Mark 1 Model 10 never had this weight and was far better off without it! The pistol (sometimes referred to as a "short rifle") is heavy enough in any case!

As I matter of interest I have just come across a Model 10 and/or 6M barrel sleeve !! I think it is old but new ( if you know what I mean) but is probably worth its weight in gold now as they are no longer available and no more are being produced.

I no longer own a Model 10 or 6M pistol so if anyone would like to buy this barrel sleeve please contact me by PM or email.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    ....The older style Model 5 and 6 pistols with the moulded plastic grips give a better trigger location and the military grip works very well on a springer as well....

...all of the Giss system pistols and rifles feel like that as the geared trunnion wheels run up the toothed rack and the three internal springs compress - and is nothing to worry about. When everything fly's in the opposite direction after the trigger is pulled they feel as smooth as silk and that is the bit that matters!.. .
    I had a wandering eye towards a 6M or 10M...but you have confirmed my own thoughts! I have a Mod 6 (plastic grips) and cannot fault it. Maybe firm to cock (relatively short barrel) and not exactly lightweight, but a great trigger and a delight to shoot. I suspect there is little to gain by getting a more expensive 6M or 10M. The hood over the front sight on the 6 is a bit cumbersome, but I am not convinced that the pull/rotate/cock/rotate/push plastic sleeve on the 6M & 10M is much better.

Original/ Diana 6m and 10m.

I have both the 6g and 10m plus 2 giss rifles. I find the 10m is great to shoot. The pull, rotate, cock, barrell sleeve quickly becomes instinctive and does nothing to hamper the use of this fine pistol. The 6g is slightly more cumbersome to cock as the sight shroud has to be grasped . Both pistols are accurate but i find the 10m superior in all aspects. Prices vary wildly, i payed £250 for the 10m with orignal case, re sealed and £130 for the 6g. Both in very good condition but not immaculate. I just really like their quality of manufacture and no recoil. The rifles 75 and 66 are also great to shoot.

Those are sensible prices. Probably the optimum midway in terms of cost and performance would be the 6M with the barrel shroud. I'm keeping my options open!

Yr right Zooma. The LoP on the LP5/LP6/LP6Ms are too large (too far away).
    But as I only shoot 2 handed, its not a real problem.
    Had a LP10 once, but they up the pinion cap threads..
    Sold it as 'old iron'
    Had 2 LP6M's and 1 LP10, neither had a cracked sleeve btw
    ATB,
    yana