Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titan mpt - worth the wait?

Cool Titan mpt - worth the wait?

I finally got one after waiting since they came out. After a quick service of the hammer mech & trigger it shoots beutifully,Felt gritty & hard to cock when I first got it but a good clean out & re-lube with dry-slide of the hammer tube & flushing the trigger cage with wd-40 & lube with sewing machine oil & it's one finger cocking & printing single hole groups @ 20yds.Can't wait tll the wind dies down to try it @ longer ranges.Feels a lot better balanced too with a little whitetail atop it now instead of the super moonlighter that weighed about a third of the gun & just looked so wrong on there.Hopefully I'll re-coup some of the cost when that's flogged with the tasco 3-9x50 AG that came with it too & end up with a bargain price mpt....good things come to those who wait.....;-)
    Last edited by junglie; 23-02-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    I finally got one after waiting since they came out. After a quick service of the hammer mech & trigger it shoots beutifully,Felt gritty & hard to cock when I first got it but a good clean out & re-lube with dry-slide of the hammer tube & flushing the trigger cage with wd-40 & lube with sewing machine oil & it's one finger cocking & printing single hole groups @ 20yds.Can't wait tll the wind dies down to try it @ longer ranges.Feels a lot better balanced too with a little whitetail atop it now instead of the souper moonlighter that weighed about a third of the gun & just looked so wrong on there.Hopefully I'll re-coup some of the cost when thats flogged with the tasco 3-9x50 AG that came with it too & end up with a bargain price mpt....good things come to those who wait.....;-)
    I have had a couple of Bearcats. Triggers aren't great and the thin barrel can occasionally be a problem but always very accurate. I have a reach forward OP BKL mount that's perfect for MPT. If you find you need such a mount I'll let you have it cheap.

Titan-mpt-worth-the-wait

Quote Originally Posted by POK! View Post
    I have had a couple of Bearcats. Triggers aren't great and the thin barrel can occasionally be a problem but always very accurate. I have a reach forward OP BKL mount that's perfect for MPT. If you find you need such a mount I'll let you have it cheap.
    I may well take you up on that POK,is it medium or high, 1" or 30mm? I will be tuning the trigger when I get time, made a hell of a difference to my long action titan i had in the early 90's. I think those early 90's lothar barels are better than more recent ones too. But part of the trigger feel problem is because the blade is mounted upside down so has much less leverage to start with.

It's this one- http://www.bkltech.com/BKL-3-Long-Ca...-p/bkl-253.htm I think you would actually use it to reach back on an MPT mounted on the front rail.

MK1 or MK2 MPT?

Either way - Very nice...

I recently bought this scruffy Bearcat and modern equivalent, the little Brocock:

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...pswthhhtxj.jpg

I suppose if I crushed them together and squinted, they'd be a bit like an MPT.

The Bearcat is now in bits for a reblue and rebuild, but it was running like a Swiss watch over the chrono, even though it was gummed up with old lube gone dry.

Everybody needs a Titan or Falcon somewhere in the cabinet...

BTW, I don't suppose anybody has a couple of BS208 o rings going spare?

I finally got one after waiting since they came out. After a quick service of the hammer mech & trigger it shoots beutifully,Felt gritty & hard to cock when I first got it but a good clean out & re-lube with dry-slide of the hammer tube & flushing the trigger cage with wd-40 & lube with sewing machine oil & it's one finger cocking & printing single hole groups @ 20yds.Can't wait tll the wind dies down to try it @ longer ranges.Feels a lot better balanced too with a little whitetail atop it now instead of the souper moonlighter that weighed about a third of the gun & just looked so wrong on there.Hopefully I'll re-coup some of the cost when thats flogged with the tasco 3-9x50 AG that came with it too & end up with a bargain price mpt....good things come to those who wait.....;-)
    Hi, nice gun,
    Is it a repeater , This one is in .22.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...&1456229066996

Titan-mpt-worth-the-wait

Quote Originally Posted by POK! View Post
    It's this one- http://www.bkltech.com/BKL-3-Long-Ca...-p/bkl-253.htm I think you would actually use it to reach back on an MPT mounted on the front rail.
    No thanks POk I've just found a simmons on the cupbourd with sportsmatch medium reach forewards on I can use if need be, thanks for the offer though.

Titan mpt - worth the wait?

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi, nice gun,
    Is it a repeater , This one is in .22.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...&1456229066996
    It's a single shot, not keen on the falcon mag system at all me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    MK1 or MK2 MPT?

Either way - Very nice...

I recently bought this scruffy Bearcat and modern equivalent, the little Brocock:

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...pswthhhtxj.jpg

I suppose if I crushed them together and squinted, they'd be a bit like an MPT.

The Bearcat is now in bits for a reblue and rebuild, but it was running like a Swiss watch over the chrono, even though it was gummed up with old lube gone dry.

Everybody needs a Titan or Falcon somewhere in the cabinet...

BTW, I don't suppose anybody has a couple of BS208 o rings going spare?
    Mk 1 I think but not sure what the differences are, it's very consistant on the chrono too 4-8 fps between shots with exact jumbo .22 straight from the tin. My early long action manitou sporter was a tack driver up to 40yds in .177. Try john bowkett for a scource of the o-rings?
    Last edited by junglie; 24-02-2016 at 01:20 AM.

Mk 1 I think but not sure what the differences are, it's very consistant on the chrono too 4-8 fps between shots with exact jumbo .22 straight fom the tin. My early long action manitou sporter was a tack driver up to 40yds in .177. Try john bowkett for a scource of the o-rings?
    MK1 has separate loading bolt and cocking lever, like most Titans and Falcon FNs. While the MK2 MPT doesn't have the cocking lever because the bolt cocks the hammer as well.

Aye, I expect JB has some BS208 o rings. It's a standard size, I just don't have that size right now.

titan mpt

my first pcp 4 years ago and one of only 2 rifles I regret trading, the other being a bsa ultra mmc.

Cool Titan mpt - worth the wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    MK1 has separate loading bolt and cocking lever, like most Titans and Falcon FNs. While the MK2 MPT doesn't have the cocking lever because the bolt cocks the hammer as well.

Aye, I expect JB has some BS208 o rings. It's a standard size, I just don't have that size right now.
    Oh it's certainly a mk 1 then, whats the BS 208 o-ing for , the probe tip? I'lll have a look in my set for one for you but not sure mine are suitable shore rating for hps Rickenbacker.
    I was lucky the seller posted me the original titan instructions with a spare o-ring for the probe too, sealed in tape so not perished.My probe seal is fine by the fps figures & close visual inspection with a jewelers loupe. Just sold the 2 big scopes that came with it today so it stands me @ £100 for the gun. Thats my late xmas/early birthday present sorted ;-)

That Stalker Tiger Ten is a nice looking gun, love the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    That Stalker Tiger Ten is a nice looking gun, love the stock.
    Nice one rodger irrelevent....

After about 6 years since I sold it I have just bought my daughters old MPT back.
    I bought it for her originally about 18 years ago and sold it on when she moved on to a GML Air Arms 400 but seriously regretted letting it go.

Turns out I sold it to a Kent shooter and then it ended up with JB who blue printed it and re blued with a Match trigger fitted, and then sold on to two other owners before I finally got it back from a nice guy in Manchester. (thanks Jay). It had literally been up and down the country before coming home again.

So I bought it back for the same price as I sold it and it came back like new!

Very under rated lovely little compact piece of kit. They just look stunning too. Anyone thought of a register to see how many are about?
    BASC