Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Titan mpt - worth the wait?

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    I remember seeing one in a crazy shop in Croydon many years ago when they first came out. (can't remember the name of the shop but it was on several floors and bought and sold just about anything, think the owners son set up a store in Bexhill)

Any way, lusted after a MPT then and now I would love one! Any pointers where to look?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Titan mpt - worth the wait?

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    After about 6 years since I sold it I have just bought my daughters old MPT back.
    I bought it for her originally about 18 years ago and sold it on when she moved on to a GML Air Arms 400 but seriously regretted letting it go.

Turns out I sold it to a Kent shooter and then it ended up with JB who blue printed it and re blued with a Match trigger fitted, and then sold on to two other owners before I finally got it back from a nice guy in Manchester. (thanks Jay). It had literally been up and down the country before coming home again.

So I bought it back for the same price as I sold it and it came back like new!

Very under rated lovely little compact piece of kit. They just look stunning too. Anyone thought of a register to see how many are about?
    thats a good idea to see how many there are, how many shots a charge do you get from yours now it's blueprinted?

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Oh it's certainly a mk 1 then, whats the BS 208 o-ing for , the probe tip? I'lll have a look in my set for one for you but not sure mine are suitable shore rating for hps Rickenbacker.
    Ah, no they're the big ones that seal the inlet & outlet main valve bodies at both ends of the air tube. Big enough to wear as a wedding ring.
    I'll just get on and order some, now I've found a firm that don't have dem big minimum orders.
    I think Nitrile 70 is fine for most airgun applications.

I was lucky the seller posted me the original titan instructions with a spare o-ring for the probe too, sealed in tape so not perished.My probe seal is fine by the fps figures & close visual inspection with a jewelers loupe. Just sold the 2 big scopes that came with it today so it stands me @ £100 for the gun. Thats my late xmas/early birthday present sorted ;-)
    Sweet deal.

thats a good idea to see how many there are, how many shots a charge do you get from yours now it's blueprinted?
    Dont know yet as I have not had a chance to try it out. I have been trying to sort a scope and mounts out that suit the set back action.
    It did do about 50-55 before when we had it before.
    BASC

Mpt

I too sold mine and regretted it instantly. I managed to track it down and buy it back after it had been sold again. It's back in my cabinet now

I treated it to a Beeman SS2 scope when I got it back.
    http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...pstkjqeabd.jpg
    Cheek weld is perfect with my eye lined up with the scope. For 21mm objective, the glass gives a bright clear image.

As far as shot count is concerned, starts dropping at around 60 shots.

These are lovely rifles and show case the craftsmanship in the early 90's airgun industry.

Does anyone know the Oring size for the 0.22" pellet probe? Mines got a few nicks out of it.

Cor, look at all that brass!

BS005 should be the probe seal. That's the size they give for the FN, on the Falcon Forum - so probably right for the Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    I remember seeing one in a crazy shop in Croydon many years ago when they first came out. (can't remember the name of the shop but it was on several floors and bought and sold just about anything, think the owners son set up a store in Bexhill)

Any way, lusted after a MPT then and now I would love one! Any pointers where to look?
    that shop was Burgers or Karl Vanderberger, he has funny ads in the paper old boy who owned it was a chain smoking character,went there many a time,thats where I first saw the MPT at @£300.00 way too much for a clerk at the civil service in 1991! bought one 2 years ago for £300.00!

Quote Originally Posted by greg12 View Post
    that shop was Burgers or Karl Vanderberger, he has funny ads in the paper old boy who owned it was a chain smoking character,went there many a time,thats where I first saw the MPT at @£300.00 way too much for a clerk at the civil service in 1991! bought one 2 years ago for £300.00!
    Struggled to sell mine, finally got £250 for it.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Bought two Titans recently.

A .25 that moved on and a long Manitou in .22 which impressed me at the range.

Lovely right hand stock.
    I shoot leftie but still might keep it.