Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: information about s 16 please

harris hawker Guest

information about s 16 please

i am just wondering whether you could give me any information about the logun s16 as i want to purchase one but not the shrouded version and what are they worth are they any good for hunting are they easy to recharge the buddy bottle off a divers bottle and are they light to carry around and easy to put together and take apart???

Have you tried doing a search?

i just sold a second hand one in reasonbly good condition for £250 inc case and silencer etc

heavey gun at 8.5pounds but easily cured with a sling and bipod this makes an exellent sniper gun as its extremely accurate once you find a good sorted ammo

bottle is a doddle to fill off the divers bottle and a pain to fill off a pump i speak from experiance with the pump lol

easy to put together only three parts or two if you dont take the silencer off but make sure you have spare o rings as taking the bottle on and off chews the orings up

they are prone to the odd leak but once sorted you shouldnt have any other problems i beleive it was all throwwn out of proportion because of its radical looks and those that didnt like the rubber furniture off the gun, using the odd faulty one as a rule for the rest being **** also keep in mind that not everyone who slags these gun off has actually owned one i HAVE had one and it was great looks hard as nails, cos it is hard as nails

zebedee could also offer you some good advice on how hes finding mine i just sold him it so you could pm him to seee his thoughts so far

one word of advice if your not sure if you have a pellet in the barrel fire it off in to a safe direction as oppose to loading another in to the barrel it is not forgiving if double loaded ppl have made a big issue over the double loading but i cant remember ever double loading its really not THAT hard to remeber if you cocked it or not, in fact if memory serves me right the only time it was double loaded was when i lent it to a friend

oh and another hint count your shots it doesnt have a counter so its quite annoying lineing yourself up for a shot only to fire air then the bunny running off as you swear at yourself

it will shoot 230 ish pellets from a single charge as well so no extra buddy bottle is required for a days shooting

staffordshire custom rifles do alot of things to sort the s16 out smoothness wise as the cocking of the gun is a little how shall i put it lumpy?

any more info needed just ask

luke

harris hawker Guest
    thanks guys could you give me a price round about i should be looking at for one please

read the third posts FIRST line monkey man

harris hawker Guest
    oh ye sorry m8 didnt see tht there

Hello Harris ,
    Try Ramsbottoms - if you wanna buy new , they are doing a good deal on Mk11 S16 ,s - ( told these are the sorted , second series of the early none shrouded models ) thats where I got mine with scope ,tactical bag , silencer , mounts for under £400 , but take it to a gun club or they will make you feel like a LEPER - Trust me .

It depends what you want . If you like polished wood & blued metal - forget it , but personally I find 90 % of modern PCP,S so boring with their nasty metal tubes or hideous bottles under the barrel !!

The S16 is like a breath of fresh air , & forget about what people say , mine is super accurate , at 35 yards with accupels & very quiet - I love the bolt loading system - there is a technique to it - also the mag is a bit exposed to the elements - which can cause problems . Keep it clean & break it down too often IMO thats what causes a lot of problems with it .
    Carl.

" This , is MY safety "

As stevew says, do a search. There were problems with the early ones.
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

its super accurate at further distances than 35 yards as well fella, iv had sub 1 inch groups out to 50 yards with washed sorted accupels of a fixed harris bipod with obviously no wind not saying it would kill at that range however it does if you do the head shot as long as your set up correctly with a bipod and have zeroed at the range your shooting at, certainly wouldnt advocate the practice of 50yarders but it is possible as long as youv prepared earlier with zeroing etc and theres no wind worked for me on a number of occassions with problem bunnies that werent easy to get close to, measure the distance before hand find a suitable place to lay get the bipod up and pop, like i said as long as its a head shot they are super accurate and able to take at further than 35 yards

probally gonna get flamed for that but iv done it and never left an animal wounded, just dead either way once you get used to the gun you will find your own and the s16 limits but i think you will be surprised at how far the s16 can "reach out" to the bunnies

luke

Why do people ALWAYS slate the mk1?????????

I just bought a one (thanks Luke@york) of the so called oooooooer bad poor built guns.

There was nothing wrong with them other than a leaky valve on a few which under warranty was put right.

Then there is the issue of people getting JAMMED S-16 which was more than 95% user error by NOT closing the breech propperly before firing.

Yes they are a bit on the heavy side but as Luke says a Sling put's pay to that.

They ARE accurate

You do have to Service them regular and inspect and replace Bottle o-rings and magazine o-rings but SO WHAT????

What is the MOST annoying bit is people who slate the gun and have NOT even OWNED one.

I would Pit my S-16 up against any other TDR for reliability and practicality ANY DAY.

Zeb

windowrest is offline I may be quick but never flippant
    well i had 4 of em. when they worked it was fantastic. when they didnt customer services were pretty good to.
    but i dont want another one thanks
    also had s16s. much much better

Its not hard to make a PCP accurate out to 35yrds, its a given really, they all should be.

The S16 is a dog, the trigger is the most awful thing i've pulled on, about 5 stages and VERY heavy (repeated on all the s16's ive shot).

The length of pull is far too long, you need arms like a gibbon to make this rifle seem comfy.

Just my opinion (some people seem to like them ? ) but they are a total waste of cash.

Mart.

Darren Petts Guest
    Type lemon into the search facility. The Mk1 S16 will be the rifle most associated with the fruit. Almost any other gun will be better. And yes Mr. Zebedee I have owned one and folk slate it because it deserves it!

well i stand BY mine and by my post i still say there is a LOT worse out there in the airgun community. I have yet to find fault with ANY of the S-16's i have had.

I have had a Webley Raider that was good then after a while started to fall to bits.

BSA super ten that started to leak all over

Granted they were ALL put right under the warranty but i still like MY S-16 and will carry on defending it LOL

Zeb

ANY chinese airgun is worse than an s16 for starters, not only that my mate had an fx2000 it went down more times than 16 year old bird from hull
    Last edited by luke@york; 05-08-2005 at 06:28 PM.