Thread: FAS 604/6004. Views?

FAS 604/6004. Views?

Just put my rifle (no longer used) for sale on here and thinking about getting a pistol.
    It will be for 10 metre shooting on my patio and just for fun BUT I do want to have something 'good enough' to use should there be the opportunity to shoot in a local comp if one comes up.

I have always liked the look of the FAS compared to some of the pistols that look like props from a Sci-Fi movie and some of the prices for those are eye watering.
    I'm after something that looks good and doesn't cost a fortune.

So, any views on the FAS from those that have one?

Seems that prices are around £300 s/h, £450 new from what I've seen and certainly don't want to spend too much.

I prefer the 604 over the 6004 any day!

There is a 604 for sale on here. (p.s. I have nothing to do with the sale.)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks - saw that one but need to sell rifle I have for sale on here before I go looking. Why do you reckon 604 better than 6004?

The 6004 is less well made by a different company, and costs more than a very nice used 604.

It also appears to have a constructional defect where the rear sight screw strips out.

The FAS 604 is a nice compact pistol but can struggle with fps especially if needing new seals. Make sure the one you buy is doing at least 380 with 7 grn pellets, 400 fps would be good. The Airmatch 600 has a similar shape but slightly longer and can give up to 450 fps. Also normally cheaper at around £200 in a nice case.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks Baz. I'll have a look for one of these on 'net

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The FAS 604 is a nice compact pistol but can struggle with fps especially if needing new seals. Make sure the one you buy is doing at least 380 with 7 grn pellets, 400 fps would be good. The Airmatch 600 has a similar shape but slightly longer and can give up to 450 fps. Also normally cheaper at around £200 in a nice case.

Baz
    The Air Match is nice. But it has a funny shaped seal that now appears unobtainable. There's a recent thread on here about that, I think in the target shooting section. The FAS 604 by constrast uses standard size o-rings, the same as the current 6004, so both the current factory replacements are available, and various cheaper but probably less good alternatives from the Bay of E and similar.

There's also a rare FAS606, which is like the 604 only a bit different in some way that I forget.

I may get slated for saying this, but the Gamo Compact, while not FAS604 quality, is not bad, easy to find, and cheap. The early ones are better.
    Last edited by Geezer; 29-02-2016 at 07:12 PM. Reason: poor typing skills

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The Air Match is nice. But it has a funny shaped seal that now appears unobtainable. There's a recent thread on here about that, I think in the target shooting section. The FAS 604 by constrast uses standard size o-rings, the same as the current 6004, so both the current factory replacements are available, and various cheaper but probably less good alternatives from the Bay of E and similar.

There's also a rare FAS606, which is like the 604 only a bit different in some way that I forget.

I may get slated for saying this, but the Gamo Compact, while not FAS604 quality, is not bad, easy to find, and cheap. The early ones are better.
    I saw that thread about the 600 seal, and its the only one I have ever heard of with this problem, Anyway its a mute point, try and find an Airmatch 600, only seen 4 or 5 for sale in 20 years and I bought 2 of them. The FAS 604 are always cropping up especially at Bisley and very easy to reseal with standard O rings as long as you do not miss the tiny hidden one.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I saw that thread about the 600 seal, and its the only one I have ever heard of with this problem, Anyway its a mute point, try and find an Airmatch 600, only seen 4 or 5 for sale in 20 years and I bought 2 of them. The FAS 604 are always cropping up especially at Bisley and very easy to reseal with standard O rings as long as you do not miss the tiny hidden one.

Baz
    Indeed. I've only ever seen one for sale, in lovely nick, but a left-hander. :-(