Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brocock air revolvers : did they become 'illegal' ?

Brocock air revolvers : did they become 'illegal' ?

Had a Brocock air revolver back in the 90s, seem to remember they became 'outlawed' : am I correct ?
    ps Found the charger pump recently ~ if anybody [ in UK] wants it they can have it for just the cost of delivery, the pistol itself I no longer own

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Scgc air guns were made sec5 in 2003 by anti social behaviour bill if i recall correctly.
    Owners were anle to get them on a sec1 fac for a brief period but they are sec5.1AF to all others.
    Even sec 5 rfd cant generally handle them as they are a specific category for which only a couple of RFD tickets were granted.

The bonkers law makes my essentially deactivated lee enfield saxby palmer more dangerous in the eyes of the law than the sec1 original .303??? Madness.

The really wierd thing is because they are on my fac they are cheaper to license than 'normal' airguns now thT the fishy one has triumphed with the stupid mckaskill bill on licensing airguns.

More bonkerz
    Gun control means using both hands.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yes please to the pump!

They are still legal in the more democratic parts of the world, and I am slowly gathering the pieces tobether for use in France.

Just need a pistol now, but the German online retailer sells them to non-uk countries.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Just out of interest how much power did these pistols shoot at, and were they consistent .

Quote Originally Posted by Waisted View Post
    Just out of interest how much power did these pistols shoot at, and were they consistent .
    4-5.5ft/lb, and not particularly. Damn good fun though!

second that

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    4-5.5ft/lb, and not particularly. Damn good fun though!
    Never used it much but I agree with that summary

I had the Cobra back in the '93. Great looking, well built pistol. Good fun discharging - pain in the chunks charging.

I part-exed mine for a Falcon Fn-19.

IMO, Brocock brought their own problems by changing to a full cylinder and making conversion to live round much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    IMO, Brocock brought their own problems by changing to a full cylinder and making conversion to live round much easier.
    I disagree with this.

I personally think the main thing that caused problems was the introduction of the budget air cartridge revolvers such as the ME38 and the other cheap crap. Up until then the revolvers were fairly expensive keeping them out of the reach or interest of the scrotes.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

my dad used to have a saxby palmer loved haveing a go on that cartridges were like elephant rounds tho we mounted the pump to a table

I had one of these -Orion 6 If memory right. Used it for practical pistol competitions. A lovely gun and great 'out of the box' - only thing I has to do was cut (Dremel) one side of the grip so that I could use speed loaders.

Power was almost 6fp and had to be careful to stay within that.

Then the law changed in the wake of the 'dangerous guns that can be modified for live ammo' ho ha and if you owned one it had to go onto a FAC - I already had a FAC so not a prob for me.

Then ill health made me give up on firearms shooting and sold up - Guns - underlever rifle, 22 semi auto, black powder rifle & pistol, hi cap shotgun re-loading gear etc etc. What I couldn't sell was the Brocock. As long as you have an FAC and owned one of these you had to hand it in - not allowed to resell. I didn't keep my FAC for just one pistol I no longer used.

I still have a large collection of TACS sitting in a box under my desk and keep meaning to try selling those one day along with my belt/holster and speed loaders. Just need to summon the energy to sort it all out. My air bottle too (out of test).

ermm whats tacs when its at home ?

I looked it up to no avail
    Last edited by ivortripod; 03-03-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Tandem Air Cartridges

thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    Tandem Air Cartridges
    cheers mr rice-man, a bit weird it's not on googly

I just got your email re the pump. Great! Pm me about the TACs and other bit too. (Inbox is empty now)

I vaguely seem to remember Webley marketed the Valtro Beretta Crown air cartridge system for a while (think it was them). I remember they had the option for a conversion for your real pistol, or a purpose made alloy copy. I remember using one back at one of the Shooting exhibitions around 95 - they (Crown reps, it wasn't the Webley stand) hadn't put a proper backstop in the range (which was basically an exhibition booth and not a range) and the large plastic 'bullets' had been punching holes though the side of the booth and peeing off the neighbouring exhibitors all day. Nowadays that's a criminal offence with pellets and boundaries...