Thread: Brocock air revolvers : did they become 'illegal' ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    70 to 80.000 sold in the UK. 5 to 6.000 registered on ticket or handed in for destruction.

Wonder where the rest are

sounds a lot sold

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    70 to 80.000 sold in the UK. 5 to 6.000 registered on ticket or handed in for destruction.

Wonder where the rest are
    I read the article in Airgun Shooter Mag. reporting 70-80K of these weapons were sold but can't help thinking that's an exaggeration. I mean these figures are saying there's still some 70 thousand of them illegally kicking about

Quote Originally Posted by ivortripod View Post
    I read the article in Airgun Shooter Mag. reporting 70-80K of these weapons were sold but can't help thinking that's an exaggeration. I mean these figures are saying there's still some 70 thousand of them illegally kicking about

Quite possibly.

There was a Saxby Palmer for sale in an auction last week - withdrawn when I sent the auction house a message telling them that it was an illegal weapon.
    There are probably many cases where the owner is still unaware that they are illegal, or the owner has died and relatives aren't aware of the gun's status.

Quote Originally Posted by ivortripod View Post
    And no one could have had them exported to their holiday homes abroad or even sold abroad?
    Last edited by bighit; 06-03-2016 at 12:03 AM.