Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brocock air revolvers : did they become 'illegal' ?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    From what I can gather, if you get permission from your FEO you can permanantly export it or take it abroad to store, all totally legal and above board.
    If anyone would like to take this route I can offer a weeks stay in a lovely cottage in Brittany, just leave the pistol when you leave!.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    From what I can gather, if you get permission from your FEO you can permanantly export it or take it abroad to store, all totally legal and above board.
    If anyone would like to take this route I can offer a weeks stay in a lovely cottage in Brittany, just leave the pistol when you leave!.

Could be the start of a nice little business if you have the land. Buy a few different models of these pistols and offer shooting holidays for the enthusiast.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    Could be the start of a nice little business if you have the land. Buy a few different models of these pistols and offer shooting holidays for the enthusiast.
    Theres a decent range within ten minutes at Lannion. They do prefer you to use powder to air though!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Nice to see a thread on brococks again
    I shall have to go and rummage in the cabinet but i have most of t,he models brocock sold pistols and rifles plus various others inc a lee enfield an Ak and one of the crown valtro berettas

As to conversion potential to centre fire ..what a load of conblers ...it'd be easier to start from scratch with some proper steel
    Gun control means using both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post
    Nice to see a thread on brococks again
    I shall have to go and rummage in the cabinet but i have most of t,he models brocock sold pistols and rifles plus various others inc a lee enfield an Ak and one of the crown valtro berettas

As to conversion potential to centre fire ..what a load of conblers ...it'd be easier to start from scratch with some proper steel
    I'm sure it is, though probably easier to get hold of a real 9mm pistol if you move in the right circles.

For anybody of a suicidal nature, converting one of the Dan Wesson type pistols to live fire isn't very difficult, particularly as 9mm blanks are freely available.

Yes, nice to see Brococks getting an 'airing' on here.

One poster said that dealing with these (cartridge charging) was a bit of a fiddle. Yes, it is in a way but it was all part of the 'TAC experience' and in reality not so very different to home loading live ammo for centre fire (used to do that too). I used a dive cylinder and used to charge up over a hundred for Practical Pistol comps. As did many others.

As regards accuracy, I have owned and used three CO2 pistols - CP88, Beretta 92 and Smith and Wesson 586 revolver, all for Practical Comps. None of these, or my Brocock pistol, are 'match' target pistols of course but in terms of accuracy and reliability my Orion 6 was head and shoulders ahead of the others.

It was a sad day when I gave up shooting (comps) and had to hand in my Orion.

Somebody did ask if I wanted to sell my TAC 'stuff' so I unearthed it all and wait to see if he wants to buy it - over 200 cartridges and my gun belt/speed loaders. If he doesn't want I'll put on the sales section on the board. **ALL OLD NOW**
    Last edited by JCB357; 10-03-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Over 200 That's certainly a lot of pumping

No pumping - just hook up the dive cylinder to the ram charger, pull a lever and presto - charged cartridge. Add nose cone and pellet and ready to go.

a bit tacsing I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by JCB357 View Post
    Yes, nice to see Brococks getting an 'airing' on here.

One poster said that dealing with these (cartridge charging) was a bit of a fiddle. Yes, it is in a way but it was all part of the 'TAC experience' and in reality not so very different to home loading live ammo for centre fire (used to do that too). I used a dive cylinder and used to charge up over a hundred for Practical Pistol comps. As did many others.

As regards accuracy, I have owned and used three CO2 pistols - CP88, Beretta 92 and Smith and Wesson 586 revolver, all for Practical Comps. None of these, or my Brocock pistol, are 'match' target pistols of course but in terms of accuracy and reliability my Orion 6 was head and shoulders ahead of the others.

It was a sad day when I gave up shooting (comps) and had to hand in my Orion.

Somebody did ask if I wanted to sell my TAC 'stuff' so I unearthed it all and wait to see if he wants to buy it - over 200 cartridges and my gun belt/speed loaders. If he doesn't want I'll put on the sales section on the board.
    A Brocock portable charger pump and about 6 carts just sold on fleabay for £70

Quote Originally Posted by JCB357 View Post
    No pumping - just hook up the dive cylinder to the ram charger, pull a lever and presto - charged cartridge. Add nose cone and pellet and ready to go.
    To JCB357 Did you get my pm of the other day?

Will try to reply to messages tomorrow. Sorry for delay - been very busy with domestic stuff

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    The ram charger ( basically a cheap lee press with some extra fittings tomhook up to a dive bottle) in conjunction with a 300bar bottle made for great shooting after work on friday.
    Downto the range with a couple of hundred rounds made up and a revolver in each hand
    Noisy fun and most theraputic

The best pistoltype i have is a pair of stainless taurus in .22
    Followed by the orion/trophy models.
    Best rifles are a custom AK and lee enfield ... Great times...sad loss for todays shooters really.
    Gun control means using both hands.

I've finished my 'clearout' air cartridge stuff now and will be in the sales section of the board later today.