View Poll Results: Is the HW100 the best PCP on the market?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% agree, there isn't anything better.

39 21.91%
  • Maybe, but I haven't tried them all.

62 34.83%
  • There are so many better options.

70 39.33%
  • I hate the HW100, my least favourite gun.

7 3.93%

Thread: Are HW100's the best non-FAC PCP ever made?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Are HW100's the best non-FAC PCP ever made?

I'm new to the forum and just want to gauge your thoughts on the HW100. As far as I can tell it's the most accurate and well made PCP out there. And its a really good price considering what you get too!

My only problems with it are the weight and the low shot count, but neither of these are deal breakers!

Neither the best ever or the best currently available, but that's not to say it's not good.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I'd have to agree it's a great gun, but not the best. Now if you had asked "is it the best for the money", then the field would narrow again.

James

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I love mine but I'm no expert at all. Bought mine after reading much about them in my price range
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Excuse the pun but HW100 are solidly built and bullet proof. Buying new they do represent reasonably good value for money, and once the initial depreciation is taken away they hold their second hand price well. The 14 shot magazine is probably the best out there, the lever action is excellent too. The HW100 is a little dated now in comparison to some of the other competition but still a popular choice.

I have daystate mk4 177 and a hw 100 177 I would say the mk4 just shades it on accuracy but only just I like the fireing cycle on my mk4 more than the 100 but will keep them both as they are top notch rifles I have had styers ripleys air arms and many more but in my opinion the dayste mk4 and hw 100 are the best rifles on the market cost me a fortune to find this out

Try a Steyr Hunting 5, for accuracy and consistency, and build quality too. Moreover you can service and maintain it yourself, and the manufacturer even hosts videos showing you how.

Compare that to the HW100 where even gunsmiths can't get spare parts.

It may only have a 5 shot mag but like the HW100 you can't double load. In fact, if you take away the mag the H5 is unable to fire at all, not even dry fire. You can't leave a pellet in the breech. How's that for safety?
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by bobsuncle View Post
    I'm new to the forum and just want to gauge your thoughts on the HW100. As far as I can tell it's the most accurate and well made PCP out there. And its a really good price considering what you get too!

My only problems with it are the weight and the low shot count, but neither of these are deal breakers!
    Not in my opinion, but a great gun, especially for hunting.
    Like Rich says, Steyr (Hunting or other variants) is excellent, there are also other better or equally as well made and possibly more accurate guns, Walther, Feinwerkbau, Anschutz, RAW, Impact, ISP.( I would also add in the BSA Goldstar to the mix, great value at £5-600 used.) Most of these are much more expensive though.

Saying it's the most accurate and well made PCP is incorrect, but it is an accurate and well made rifle

hw 100

HI, I like the hw 100 , and they are well put together and shoot good,but find you dont get enough shots in the carbine and the standerd is to front end heavy , but if i am really honest i always keep and shoot 2 DAYSTATES in 177 and 22, they suit me and i have found they are the most accurit i have shot , hope this helps bob.

Maybe but haven`t tried them all,, as this is true it`s the only answer i could give, if it were the "best you have tried" then it would be an easy winner.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by bobsuncle View Post

Even if not the best, they are amongst the best. Once you factor in the reasonable price, the walnut stock even in TH, two 14 shot magazines, a superb silencer then the equation gets loaded heavily in their favour. As for the looks, this is a subjective matter and is in the eye of the beholder. I have a custom stock for mine and keep swapping between the factory and custom. The shot count is low only because the cylinder is only 100cc for the K version. HW 100 is primarily a hunting rifle. I doubt very much if any hunter is going to come home with a bagful of 50 Bunnies in one session. The solution is very simple and cheap, a spare HW cylinder. I got one from a guy who had bough an A & M one for his HW 100 and paid £80.00. Since the cylinder can just be screwed on mid session without loss of air the a replacement will almost double your shot count and it is small enough to carry in a jacket pocket, it is a bit weighty though as it is made of stainless steel, so very little chance of premature corrosion.

A.G
    Last edited by lensman57; 03-03-2016 at 12:48 AM.