Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: witch pump

rompa stomp Guest

witch pump

hi im new to this fourm just want to no witch sturrip pump is the best to charge a daystate harrier x 177 as i have heard that the logun is the best if not witch is the best to charge the rifle your oppinions
    thankz

Arrow

A bit of info in your profile would help us get to know you!
    Not what you want to hear but with a quality PCP like yours you really should get a cylinder as they should be filled using dive quality air. If you must use a pump, the Logun, Hills and Webley are all fine. Remember to get the moisture filters because otherwise your rifle reservoir will corrode from the inside and need replacing.

rompa stomp Guest
    hi ive though about getting a dive bottle but dont realy now much about them witch liter would be best for my rifle and how much does it cost to fill and how much are they i would need a dive bottle with a hose and guage so that i could charge gun straigh away

A 7 litre 300bar bottle is a good compromise, about £150-170 new, with a gauge and hose. If you get one, say you want a Daystate fitting. It costs about £2-2.50 to fill, which gives me 40-45 fills with my S400. Your gun should be similar. Look in the airgun mags, dive shops, (try Midland Diving, or "Clubshot" on here.) Pumps are not much cheaper, hard work, and you're never so sure about the quality of the air.
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

frogandtoad is offline Here only for the Mods' amusement...
    what happened to your falcon rompa!

rompa stomp Guest
    sold it to a friend as i didnt like it ,it just wasnt my kind or rifle so with the money from that i put the extra and got my harrier x

rompa stomp Guest
    how much does it cost to fill a 7 liter dive bottle at a dive center or shop,i have the daystate fitting already got it with the gun when i bought it

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rompa stomp
    hi ive though about getting a dive bottle but dont realy now much about them witch liter would be best for my rifle and how much does it cost to fill and how much are they i would need a dive bottle with a hose and guage so that i could charge gun straigh away

I use a 15 litre 300 bar tank. This costs £4 to fill up at the local dive shop and lasts for ages even with my FAC Rapids which need filling to 232 bar. The bigger the tank the fewer trips you will have to make to the dive shop! Just because it is filled to 300 bar doesn't mean you fill your rifle to 300 bar just that the tank holds more air. Do a search for cylinder prices on here. If you buy used check the number of years before it needs to be tested-you need to have a dive cylinder tested every five years for safety reasons. Around £200 should cover it-or put it another way, about twice the price of a pump!

Hi rompa,
    Best check you can get a bottle filled to 300bar near you first, if not you're down to 232bar.
    Prices vary for a fill so your best checking locally, could be anything from a couple of quid to several. Try Yellow pages for dive shops.
    ATB
    Ray.

frogandtoad is offline Here only for the Mods' amusement...
    shops near you, marsden dive centre £3. aquanotics sunderland £1.50

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Raygun
    Hi rompa,
    Best check you can get a bottle filled to 300bar near you first, if not you're down to 232bar.
    Prices vary for a fill so your best checking locally, could be anything from a couple of quid to several. Try Yellow pages for dive shops.
    ATB
    Ray.
    This is true but you are still better off with a tank that CAN be filled to 300 bar when the dive shop can do it. In fairness most can these days. Most rifles only need 190-200bar for best performance with regulated FAC rifles needing 232bar. I used to own a rifle that needed 300 bar fills and that was a real pain. The more pressure you can get into the main tank the more air you have stored with the result that you have to go to the dive shop less often.

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Thought about getting a witch pump myself, we still burn them round here and pumping seems somehow more humane !
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

rompa stomp Guest
    how much would the biggest dive bottle (300 bar)be with a hose and guage ready to charge my daystate harrier x cost new? the the more bar fill the more air in the dive bottle is that right? i dont even no what bar my rifle gets filled up to as my uncle used to do it for me but he has sold his outfit .do you just watch the guage until it goes upto say 232bar

rompa stomp Guest
    im really bad at spelling some words huh huh huh

rompa stomp Guest
    15 liter 300bar tank with guage and hose would that be best to charge my harrier if would be how much do they cost new