Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skan R32 & Skan MK4 diagrams & info required please.

Skan R32 & Skan MK4 diagrams & info required please.

Hello

I'm after any info & diagrams of both the Skan R32 & Skan MK 4. I have both these guns & only have the original basic set of instructions from Mike Childs for the MK4. I'm not going to take it apart - it works perfectly. I just want to know how it works & maybe if it could do with a modern regulator fitted.

I have googled looking for info but i can't find what i want.

The R32 looks lovely & has been properly packed away. My Skan R32 seems a bit rare or strange as it has a long thin air cylinder that sits inside a full wooden butt unlike many I've seen in pics that have an exposed buddy bottle with a plastic butt pad fitted.

I'm going to put the R32 up for sale once i'm happy it's saleable & safe etc, i've got the MK4 in .22 which was one of the last Skans Mike made, it's a great gun, accurate & fun & nice to own so it's a keeper.

The R32 has to go to to recover some cash after the latest purchase. I've just got a Brocock Compatto from Rayleigh Airgun Centre, i've been waiting over a month for it to arrive. I went mad & went for the gun, scope, bipod & hard case package & am in love with this little beauty already. I've also got a nice S410 .177 with thumbhole stock thats been tuned for a large shot count. I can't wait to shoot them both side by side on the range at Pete's airgun farm. I wonder which one will perform best or will win my personal evaluation for best gun.

All advice is appreciated

Toecutter.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The R32 is very rare, collectable and valuable now! Even rarer in .177 (if you can find one) and if you have a spare magazine its virtually priceless!!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Haha, I have a spare .177 cal 32 shot mag as it goes, with no .177 Skan to put it on. Is it worth thousands??

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    ~snip~

All advice is appreciated

Toecutter.
    Hiya mate,

I have a folder of M32 stripdown photos, which I can email to you if required.

re a regulator - as you know, the Skan's exhaust valve is in the bottle stock (or cylinder in the case of the rifle stock). So a reg' would need to be fitted in the bottle or cylinder. Which I've never heard of being done before...

I guess it would add a fair bit to the LOP (or again, with the rifle stock, to maintain the 'already very long LOP' it would require the cylinder cut down, which would reduce the air capacity by quite a bit).

HTH - Phil

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Haha, I have a spare .177 cal 32 shot mag as it goes, with no .177 Skan to put it on. Is it worth thousands??
    It would be if you could find someone who had the almost mythical R32 .177
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The R32 is very rare, collectable and valuable now! Even rarer in .177 (if you can find one) and if you have a spare magazine its virtually priceless!!

How exiting is that! Collectable, valuable & mine is a good one. Three of the .177 magazines are brand new, i bought the last 3 Mike had in .177 5-6 years ago when i picked up the Skan MK4 i'd ordered which incidentally is one of the last guns he made before retiring to make his chronographs

To avoid confusion from an earlier PM i received - Mike looked over my R32 5-6 years ago when i picked up my new Skan MK4, he went over the R32 & announced it was working perfectly & i then took it home, packed it away & literally got it out today charged it up (no leaks) & i then loaded a mag up & fired 16 shots through the chronograph - all is well, it's producing 9.5 ft lbs which gradually crept up over the 16 shots, i'm sure it'll do 11.5 ft lbs after a few fills, if not then a bit of tweaking will be required.

It all works very well, this gun has not seen much use from myself as i got hooked on the MK4, i'm the 2nd owner, woodwork is superb, action is smooth & slick, it's a good gun but sadly i've got other guns i prefer so it's got to go.

I'm going to post it for sale in the for sale section today if i can get the pics up.

I'm also thinking of selling my Skan MK4 as i fancy a Kalibrgun Cricket, i thought i'd never sell the MK4 but now i'm considering it.

Thanks for all your replies

Toecutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post

Hiya mate,

re a regulator - as you know, the Skan's exhaust valve is in the bottle stock (or cylinder in the case of the rifle stock). So a reg' would need to be fitted in the bottle or cylinder. Which I've never heard of being done before...

I guess it would add a fair bit to the LOP (or again, with the rifle stock, to maintain the 'already very long LOP' it would require the cylinder cut down, which would reduce the air capacity by quite a bit).

HTH - Phil
    Hello

I'd really appreciate those strip down pics & info if you would be so kind as to email them to me at: klangley@blueyonder.co.uk

Thank-you

Toecutter.

I've sent a zip folder with all the Skan files to your email Kieth.

Just email me back if you can't open it for any reason, and I'll send you the info separately.

And good luck with the sale.

I only have one Skan myself now, so I reckon you'll find it hard to sell the last one.

ATB - Phil

Thanks to Rooti for this info, first time I've seen a 'naked' Skan

Did someone just say a naked Skan ?

I got all exited all a sudden ;-)
    I've still got my modded M32 and R32 mk3's
    And still shoot them :-)

JJ..
    lots of takedowns

Still passing the same old pictures around!

Stephen is threatening to do a video strip-guide one day, if he feels brave enough!

Are you ready to sell me your sawn-off M32 yet, JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by JJSTEALTH View Post
    Did someone just say a naked Skan ?

I got all exited all a sudden ;-)
    I've still got my modded M32 and R32 mk3's
    And still shoot them :-)

JJ..

Whoa... JJ, long time no hear! I trust all's well, the Skans still plinking then?

anybody else got these diagrams they could send me? i've acquired a mk4 and the trigger needs sorting out so any sort of help would be appreciated

If you find any MK4 diagrams could you share my please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Hiya mate,

HTH - Phil
    phil id appreciate the strip down pics of th skan myself if you can email me them buddy. still have my skan ultra here. wish i could find a few spare .22cal mags for my skan my email addy is- christopherpenny37@gmail.com. thanks buddy and hope you are well. you still got my old skan superior mk2 there then?

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    Please also forward it to me too,i was searching endlessly for it but no success. All i found was someone done a mod on by addling a pressure gauge to it as a one off!

Thank you so kind.