Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home loading .22 rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    I thought about this when I read about Aguila 60gn subsonics - but couldn't find a uk source.

Just not realistic.
    While most bolt action rifles will cycle these most semis wont.

Not exactly what you want but I would think they can steer you to the importer, you can then advise your local RFD etc,

http://www.suffolkrifle.co.uk/shop/a...dard-velocity/

Do not even think about reloading a rimmy case, the priming compound is very volatile. If you want to reload but not spend to much dosh get a CZ 527 in 17 Hornet, then spend £600 on a good reloading set up and get one one to one tuition on how to use it. After a while you will shoot to reload rather than the other way round.

A

SSS Aguila works fine in my semi.
    Reloading a rimfire case has nothing at all to do with the 'volatility' of the priming compound - it is friction sensitive not 'volatile'.
    Sad truth is that most y chromosomes really are not up to the task mentally or dexterity wise.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    SSS Aguila works fine in my semi.
    Reloading a rimfire case has nothing at all to do with the 'volatility' of the priming compound - it is friction sensitive not 'volatile'.
    Sad truth is that most y chromosomes really are not up to the task mentally or dexterity wise.
    WTF

Suddenly I feel so goddam inferior

Anything with half a brain cell and an opposable thumb and forefinger can reload rimfire, the question really comes down to whether they have more important things to do with their time and can be arsed!!
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    WTF

Anything with half a brain cell and an opposable thumb and forefinger can reload rimfire, the question really comes down to whether they have more important things to do with their time and can be arsed!!
    ^ This.

I don't make my cornflakes either.

tac

WTF

Not meant as an insult just an observation on reality, for example how many guns have you seen with buggered screw heads? Well all y chromosomes 'know' how to use a screwdriver don't they?

Not meant as an insult just an observation on reality, for example how many guns have you seen with buggered screw heads? Well all y chromosomes 'know' how to use a screwdriver don't they?
    None of MY guns have buggered screw heads, thanks to Mr Brownell and his precision gunsmiths drivers. Yours, in return only for a lot of money.

tac

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Its a very general comment that assumes a lot.

Even IF a gun has buggered screw heads, does that automatically make it the fault of the current owner?

Mine dont.

The other observation with .22 rimfire is there are several uses for them.

Match

Mini rifle/CSR practice

Hunting

Plinking

I cant see I would hand load for the first 3 on the grounds that the factory stuff is good enough for Olympians, and is cheap enough to allow a high round count, then it should be economical from the factory.

For the last one, see above comment.....

Now if you do it because you can then fantastic, but dont assume that because others dont they are ham fisted or lesser mortals, they just have different priorities....or a life
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Take me all my time loading 357mag, 308Win and my 45-70 gov
    how long to load a 1000 RF rounds

Its a very general comment that assumes a lot.

Even IF a gun has buggered screw heads, does that automatically make it the fault of the current owner?

Mine dont.

The other observation with .22 rimfire is there are several uses for them.

Match

Mini rifle/CSR practice

Hunting

Plinking

I cant see I would hand load for the first 3 on the grounds that the factory stuff is good enough for Olympians, and is cheap enough to allow a high round count, then it should be economical from the factory.

For the last one, see above comment.....

Now if you do it because you can then fantastic, but dont assume that because others dont they are ham fisted or lesser mortals, they just have different priorities....or a life
    Y chromosome answer, all y chromosomes are perfect...

There's someone around here whose lack of mechanical sympathy knows no bounds, and if looks could kill when I tell her that's not the way to do it . Fortunately my stuff is out of bounds.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.