Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home loading .22 rimfire

Reloading the .22lr

What dies do you use to resize the fired cases? Who sells the bullets...
    crimp die for the heeled bullets?
    Just wondering..

amc577

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenC View Post
    it's my time being used so can't see a problem 😘
    Can I ask why you reload 22lr? what benifit is there over shop brought rounds, or is it the mountain situation; Its there so i shall climb it?
    If I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have been bottle feed

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    And Weetabix is pressed. Shreddies are knitted
    I acknowledge your greater experience in eating the uneatable.

tac

It's good fun doing something tricky, I make all sorts of things dumb down, 3D print heads for training rounds etc. Plus I can therefore I do haha

It's good fun doing something tricky, I make all sorts of things dumb down, 3D print heads for training rounds etc. Plus I can therefore I do haha
    So the only benifit is that it keeps you off the streets? personally I fail to see the attraction but if you enjoy it go for it.
    If I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have been bottle feed

I agree with the first part of your post - I recently built a 1/20th scale work caboose for my railroad using about 600 Starbucks coffee stirrers - but I draw the line when it comes to playing around with explosives for 'fun'.

tac

Anything can be done but some things are in my opinion are far too time eating and this would fall into this category IMHO - G
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Think keeping me off the streets is a must with firearms lol. End of day it's fun, what anything shooting related should be.

Well, I see there's a kit out there.

This thread has been an education and an astonishment.

Though I suppose I should've guessed - it fits my long-held theory that there ain't nuffin' you can imagine that somebody, somewhere won't go and do.

But I'm afraid I'm going to put this along with extruding my own spaghetti - I've other stuff to do with whatever time is left to me....
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    I acknowledge your greater experience in eating the uneatable.

tac

No Tac, he's telling the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuiQrpXpG0

"An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Think keeping me off the streets is a must with firearms lol. End of day it's fun, what anything shooting related should be.

Ignore the nay-sayers Warren, it's old boys like you who preserve the ancient and dark arts of hobbydom!
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    I agree with the first part of your post - I recently built a 1/20th scale work caboose for my railroad using about 600 Starbucks coffee stirrers - but I draw the line when it comes to playing around with explosives for 'fun'.

tac
    Well if I'd taken that view there would have been a lot of very quiet amateur pantomimes in my past where I "played around with explosives for fun" to do the special effects. I also did a fair bit of EOD in the middle east just for fun as well.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by Winona Wu View Post
    No Tac, he's telling the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuiQrpXpG0

some people dont see the joke Amir

The problem is that people in the states have been stockpiling .22 ammo for "Doomsday" and there is a shortage. The manufacturers have been running at full capacity and because of the complicated priming process it's quite difficult/expensive to set up a new plant for increasing capacity.

There is a kit for reloading available over there:-

http://22lrreloader.com/design-details/

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Well if I'd taken that view there would have been a lot of very quiet amateur pantomimes in my past where I "played around with explosives for fun" to do the special effects. I also did a fair bit of EOD in the middle east just for fun as well.
    My one-time boss, Major Nigel Wylde QGM, once told me that looking back on it, it might have seemed to have been fun, but wasn't. Seems that nobody really 'did.........EOD' for fun.

tac