Thread: Can a scope be fitted to a Gamo Compact

Can a scope be fitted to a Gamo Compact

I have read that the Gamo compact has not got the rails to mount a scope and yet i have seen a picture whilst doing some Gamo research a Gamo Compact with a red dot fitted so i am unsure.

Dave
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.
    Gun owned .177 FAS 6004 Target pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    I have read that the Gamo compact has not got the rails to mount a scope and yet i have seen a picture whilst doing some Gamo research a Gamo Compact with a red dot fitted so i am unsure.

Dave
    Not sure if some models have rails Dave but I wouldn't suggest it on the basis of the temptation to press down on a sight when cocking the pistol. The Compact is an excellent 10 metre target trainer - early ones had very nice triggers and the only down side with today's models is the poorer trigger on what is meant to be a match pistol.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Like John I was also thinking of the problem of closing the action after cocking. Got my FAS and the largest pistol scope I have, a Rhino, and layed them out.
    If the scope or red dot (normally shorter units) are set forward, there is plenty of room or the heel of the hand to press down. Would be easy on my Airmatch as it is sidelever cocking. I would use Tigerseal to fit the scope rail on the pistol to save drilling.

Baz

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...psyuuoo3dg.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Not sure if some models have rails Dave but I wouldn't suggest it on the basis of the temptation to press down on a sight when cocking the pistol. The Compact is an excellent 10 metre target trainer - early ones had very nice triggers and the only down side with today's models is the poorer trigger on what is meant to be a match pistol.

John
    Spot on. Including on the differences in triggers. One tested in AGW this month had a trigger pull of 5 lbs 8 oz. Which is ridiculous for a target gun. Buy an old one and you get a better gun for about half the price of a new, worse, one.

They've never had rails.

There is space to bolt on a rail and fit a compact (no pun) red-dot, leaving enough room to push down on the back of the upper receiver. If you are one of those people who wants to mess up a perfectly good pistol by sticking a bloody great glass sight on it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Spot on. Including on the differences in triggers. One tested in AGW this month had a trigger pull of 5 lbs 8 oz. Which is ridiculous for a target gun. Buy an old one and you get a better gun for about half the price of a new, worse, one.

They've never had rails.

There is space to bolt on a rail and fit a compact (no pun) red-dot, leaving enough room to push down on the back of the upper receiver. If you are one of those people who wants to mess up a perfectly good pistol by sticking a bloody great glass sight on it. :-)
    Here's someone after my own heart! I agree with Geezer, in the words of a discredited politician!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    There is space to bolt on a rail and fit a compact
    Does anyone know where these rails can be purchased from as i will put a small sight on as my eyesight is as good as Mr Magoo's.
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.

Hello all

I really need to fit a small scope to my Gamo Compact as i am struggling see the smaller targets ir if i cannot do it i am stuck.

Thanks Dave