Thread: c02 pistol recommendation?

c02 pistol recommendation?

I'm looking for a co2 pistol bb or pellet..... Or both . Just looking for a fun garden plinker nothing fancy . I'm not really a pistol guy so don't really know much about them . I've got a Benjamin Sheridan that the mrs and kids love to use but a bit fiddly for the daughter to load . Any recommendations?
    Cheers
    Aeron

What are you after and what is your budget?? There is a wide spectrum of CO2 pistols available.

At one end you tend to have a serious and capable airgun with good accuracy and power.

At the other end are the BB guns, only really tin can accurate and less than 2FPE but great fun.

In the middle you have the mix of the 2, generally they are lesser than the some of their parts (i.e., they do not double awesome mediocre replicas and mediocre airguns).

My favourites are BB guns, nothing puts a smile on your face like chasing a tin can across the garden with a constant stream of BBs, dropping the mag out on the last shot and then reload to chase it about some more. BBs will ricochet, but they don't have much power to begin with and personally I think eye protection and a sensible backstop is mandatory whatever kind of shooting you are doing.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I'm no expert, but...

I should think there are loads that meet your requirements. I love my CO2 pellet revolvers, but if you want to avoid anything 'fiddly' would ignore them. Due to the hassle of loading cartridges.
    I let my g/children use a bb Luger PO8 replica, with 2 17 shot bb stick magazines. Plenty of other replicas available, cheap enough.

One thing I have learnt - and I have pellet rifles from the '50's to now - is make sure you have an absorbent backstop for steel bb's.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Thanks , it will be mostly a family plinker, back garden job . The kids especially the daughter finds the Benjamin a tad heavy and finds it difficult to load . Price wise I don't want to spend a fortune as with a lot of kids stuff fun for 5minutes then they get bored .

I'd get yourself down to your local RFD and have a good look at some and see what you like. They are all of a roughly similar quality within their price ranges, despite what a few people will tell you there are few that should be avoided.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

My son (R Navy) came over from the states and tried out my selection. Webley, KWC Luger and the Colt SAA. He reckoned that the Webley and the Luger were the most accurate, and the most realistic. I agree with him. I also have a Walther PPK (Just 'cos I like James Bond), I couldn't use it as the gas was escaping, it needs frequent maintenance capsules and I had run out. That is the lightest, and probably easier for youngsters to use. It is good for shooting at tin cans in the garden though, just forget target accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I'd get yourself down to your local RFD and have a good look at some and see what you like. They are all of a roughly similar quality within their price ranges, despite what a few people will tell you there are few that should be avoided.
    Can't agree more with this..

And try not to be put of by rebounds from BB's they are a few ways to prevent that, you can get H&N copper coated lead BB's which work fine in most bb guns and will greatly lower the chance of rebounds, so bb guns can also be accurate to 1" groupings at 20ft,, lol one of my most favorite things to shot is spent shotgun shells, they are great fun, they bounce all over the place once shot and super strong to so last a lot longer then a tin can and more challenging to hit too.. I can sort you out with some if you want them..

If you want realism and fun go for something like a blowback 1911, then get a none blowback pellet shooter too why not.. Have a look at my YouTube too if you like your see plenty of guns and it might help you decide to mate..

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Thanks for the replies there's a couple that I've seen that I quite fancy .

I quite like the look of the Colt defender, if I get time over the weekend I'll pop into the local shop .

I had a Crosman 357 co2 pistol few years back - shoots pellets & bb's ( cheap if you can track one down ) - it was loads of fun...
    http://www.budk.com/Crosman-357-Magn...r-Pistol-17844