Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats' the REAL reason

I understood tac very well from the start.

Unfortunately far too many shooters want things easy peasy with not much effort.

Mark

By Chance

Hi tac

I was looking down the forum's threads and read you question, one which I have also mused over - could I use a plastic sabot with a soft tip bullet in a ml say a Thompsom Centre Firestorm Flintlock as they give all the info and get a Roe or Fallow deer.

By chance I came across this article http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/uplo...te/6dpmag9.pdf
    in Pedersoli's magazine while drooling and dreaming over some flintlocks on his site.
    In case I have managed to cockup the link its Pedesoli site - magazine archive Black powder No1 magazine 9th issue 06/11/2012 article In focus Black powder hunting in Europe.

UK bit

"In Great Britain it is possible to hunt with muzzleloaders. For muntjac and Chinese
    water deer only, the rifle must have a minimum caliber of not less than .220 inches
    and muzzle energy of not less than 1 000 foot pounds and a bullet weight of not less
    than 50 grains may be used. For all deer of any species a minimum caliber of .240 and
    minimum muzzle energy of 1 ,700 foot pounds is the legal requirement. The hunter
    must also put the bullets into 1 00 mm group at 1 00 m to meet all requirements"

How correct it is I couldn't say

hope it was of interest
    Flash

I found this old thread when I was looking for something else and wondered what stops anyone bowhunting deer? I attended the postmortem of a brown bear in Canada a few years ago. I'm not into baiting for prey which was the case here but that bear was hit fair and square and managed less than 10 yards before falling dead. The broadhead arrow had hit its aorta and that was it.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

The law stops you hunting with bows, crossbows or explosives!! in the uk.

https://www.gov.uk/hunting/overview

When I started archery I asked about broardheads, The lady making up the arrows said broardheads are illegal to use in the uk, I supose it's becouse broardheads are considered to be hunting arrow heads and bow hunting is banned in the uk (this was in custom built archery when it was in its old shop) I had to sell my bobcat Martin compound bow due to back problems
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

I have 45-75 1876 Winchester that I shoot at Bisley with Blackpowder, but I have started to move to nitro as its a lot cleaner