Thread: Have I made a mistake

Have I made a mistake

I went to my local gun shop today to do a trade with my Gamo Compact which is in excellent condition (but not the box) and he did not offer me a great deal.

I was looking at a Weihrauch HW40 for about £160 but he said they sold a Beemam P17 which looks identical to the HW40 for £65 and so I had the opportunity to compare the two and even try them out and to be honest t ey seemed very similar so i purchased one.

My concerns are should I have paid the extra £100 nearly and had the weihrauch HW40 or is the Beemam good enough.

Thanks Dave
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.
    Gun owned .177 FAS 6004 Target pistol.

tune up

might be worth getting a tune kit then should shoot well, maybe welsh willy sells them.

Based on comments from other people on here, the Beeman seems to be good, and at a good price. The figure of £160 for a HW40 seems too high, and you would incur a large loss on resale. So you did fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Based on comments from other people on here, the Beeman seems to be good, and at a good price. The figure of £160 for a HW40 seems too high, and you would incur a large loss on resale. So you did fine.
    Hi Aimstraight

Thank you for your comments that has made me feel better.

Dave
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.

The major difference I noticed between the HW40 and the Chinese copy is the Chinese trigger was a lot heavier on the pistol I tried. I did prefer the sights on the copy to those horrible fibre optics on the HW though.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I agree with the £160 being over the top! The HW40 is better made and should last longer without issues BUT the P17 Is good for the price (I have two & a HW 40) If issues occur There are plenty of, easy to do fixes online. I know, I've done them! Seals can be got from B&Q. Use pellgun oil, NOT Lithium grease as per manual. Two drops every 250 pellets on piston. If you've been lucky you might not have issues. I know some people have had no trouble at all! ATB. Pete.
    Last edited by peteswright; 18-03-2016 at 07:36 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I purchased a brand new one and there is no manual so I need find out where to oil.

thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    I purchased a brand new one and there is no manual so I need find out where to oil.

thanks Dave
    You can download the manual for the HW40 from HERE.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    I went to my local gun shop today to do a trade with my Gamo Compact which is in excellent condition (but not the box) and he did not offer me a great deal.

I was looking at a Weihrauch HW40 for about £160 but he said they sold a Beemam P17 which looks identical to the HW40 for £65 and so I had the opportunity to compare the two and even try them out and to be honest t ey seemed very similar so i purchased one.

My concerns are should I have paid the extra £100 nearly and had the weihrauch HW40 or is the Beemam good enough.

Thanks Dave
    Nah, Beeman good for the money, be careful closing it.....like Arkwrights Till.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Nah, Beeman good for the money, be careful closing it.....like Arkwrights Till.
    The HW40/P17 initiation...trapping your shirt/jumper the first time out

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    The HW40/P17 initiation...trapping your shirt/jumper the first time out
    Or an errant nipple if cold...

You maybe should've just ordered a HW40 to your door from SWS in Germany for about £105 posted!