Thread: Calling all FWB Sport 124 experts

Calling all FWB Sport 124 experts

I have a truly beautiful 124; hardly any use, serial 8181 so quite early. But it has an unusual feature that I have not been able to resolve. The pistol grip cap is not the usual black plastic jobbie but a gold coloured ornamental version, still with white line spacer. Even the securing screw is gold coloured and finished with the same ornamental pattern.

Has anyone seen one before? Of course it might just be a 'custom' special but I find this a little odd as I am not aware of any other customisation.

All help appreciated.
    Cheers, Phil

I seem to think these were custom parts and advertised in the 1980s AGWs along with engraving and, if you wanted to go the whole hog you could have D.R. carve a rabbit with antlers into your stock. :-(
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I seem to think these were custom parts and advertised in the 1980s AGWs along with engraving and, if you wanted to go the whole hog you could have D.R. carve a rabbit with antlers into your stock. :-(
    Hey Ho ... a very plausible answer in just a couple of minutes. Now that is service. Thanks Ian..... and there is no rabbit with antlers.

Cheers, Phil

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    yes there was a fashion for brass nasties for HWs and Feinwerkbaus, there was a nasty brass cap for the HW35 Export as well. Stick some brass black on it or hurl it into the recycling and get a nice wooden one made up.

You don't want your Teutonic monster to took like a ye olde country pubbe do you?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Sorry to interrupt the thread...

Alistair - can you empty your inbox?

Rgds
    Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    yes there was a fashion for brass nasties for HWs and Feinwerkbaus, there was a nasty brass cap for the HW35 Export as well. Stick some brass black on it or hurl it into the recycling and get a nice wooden one made up.

You don't want your Teutonic monster to took like a ye olde country pubbe do you?
    No I don't and it doesn't.

No accounting for taste but I like it. It looks quite dignified. And I quite enjoy old country pubs.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I have a truly beautiful 124; hardly any use, serial 8181 so quite early. But it has an unusual feature that I have not been able to resolve. The pistol grip cap is not the usual black plastic jobbie but a gold coloured ornamental version, still with white line spacer. Even the securing screw is gold coloured and finished with the same ornamental pattern.

Has anyone seen one before? Of course it might just be a 'custom' special but I find this a little odd as I am not aware of any other customisation.

All help appreciated.
    Cheers, Phil
    I inherited this one once, Phil. As mentioned it was an aftermarket bit of bling - maybe a taster for people who would later go down the Don Robinson route of airgun madness.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Airgun Centre did them?
    I have one, 127 action 124 barrel.
    Nice stock with Mr.Blocksidge hound and pheasants engraved cylinder.
    Sorted internally by a friend and shoots nicely.
    Lots of people dislike it

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Airgun Centre did them?
    I have one, 127 action 124 barrel.
    Nice stock with Mr.Blocksidge hound and pheasants engraved cylinder.
    Sorted internally by a friend and shoots nicely.
    Lots of people dislike it
    Theres a world of difference between Mr Blocksidge work and that of Mr Robinson.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk