I have this air rifle that I got from Dennis Hiller in the 80's for £12.
It's been wrapped up in a blanket in the loft for many years as I've stated in previous posts I have just returned to air gunning after a long break.
I have always referred to it as a Millita, as Dennis stated at the time but I think guns with no mark of this type often are, so I'm asking if anyone knows exactly what it is.
Gun is long 40" long
Barrel is 17 1/8th" long and smooth bore
There is a stamped butt plate with a clear mark on it, would this be the makers mark or added by a retailer? The symbol may be familiar to some of you.
The only mark on it is "Made in Germany" between the barrel pivot and the push button, as seen in one of the pics.
It is well faded so had it had any etching this is long gone but I'd imagine it never had marks of this nature.
The non adjustable rear sight looks the right period but does seem over scale, yet fits the dovetail nicely.
The reason I ask if it's Millita is that all pics I have seen seem to have a nut on the left side at the barrel pivot but this has a slot head screw each side, this may mean nothing at all though obviously.
Lastly serial numbers on guns of this era are often claimed to be date stamps, as seen in one of the pics mine shows "10" in two places. This would be an incredibly low serial so most likely the date however I thought they put month and year so does this really mean 1910?

Views and info welcome.