Thread: Iron Sights on a TX200

Iron Sights on a TX200

Hello to All,

Some observations that may be useful for those who might want to fit the Air Arms TX200 with 'iron' sights.

The TX200 has a barrel of ca. 19 mm OD. I was lucky enough to find a aperture front sight set, that is attached via a barrel ring (thanks Bob ).

The ID of this ring was ca. 19 mm, and lo and behold, it was a sliding fit on the TX barrel

More interestingly, the TX200s 'cocking arm buffer' (part TX227), the little rubber mushroom that always breaks off within a few shots, was pressed into a 3mm threaded hole

Drilling the new sight barrel ring with a 3mm clearance hole saw the new sight screwed firmly to the TX200s barrel

I have added a new Centra sight tunnel to the mount.

The rear-sight is Anschutz (possibly 6702 ?), and required the base of the sight to be machined down, so the mount would fit the TX200 cylinder dovetail.

I used the combo for March's MPL rifle cards, and found it very nice to shoot, despite still being a 10.8 ft.lb rifle

Photo's here :

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/...psouzo9xld.jpg

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/...pshggf9p6b.jpg

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/...pswawqo1zh.jpg

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

My initial thoughts were 'WTF?', but that is actually really ingenious!

What's it like getting a diopter slammed into your eye socket?

trick cyclist,

There is about 75 mm between my eye and the diopter disk, so no Panda Look for me

The TX200 has a VMach short stroke piston, and the shot cycle is very sweet - on firing, you notice a very slight bounce in the sight picture, and that is all

The reason why I put the 'iron' sights on the TX, was to use a recent British spring rifle in the MPL - previous testing at 10m showed the TX had the accuracy needed to easily score a maximum on the MPL without breaking sweat. ( However, the TX has to put up with me shooting it )

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Hehe, well done! I'm just about to short-stroke my TX with a tinbum kit, looking forward to the 'sweet' shot cycle.

trick cyclist,

With the piston-extension, please remember to put thread-locker on the three set screws that hold the nose on

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    trick cyclist,

With the piston-extension, please remember to put thread-locker on the three set screws that hold the nose on

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    Wise words, thanks, will do.

You too!

trick cyclist,

Can you please let us know the results of the short-stroking of your TX ?

Are you going to be using the existing spring ? (with the short-stroke nose you are adding the equivalent of ca. 18 mm pre-load to the spring - this compensates to a degree for the reduction in swept volume. If you can, please chronograph the rifle after the surgery - you may end-up with around the same or slightly less energy than before - best to be certain )

Ta

have fun !

Best regards

Russ