Thread: Diana 100 Factory Left Hand Stock

Diana 100 Factory Left Hand Stock

When I acquired a couple of Diana 100 rifles I emailed the factory and asked if they had ever produced a left hand stock. The lack of response made me think that they were never made.

As ever in the world of classic airguns never assume anything.....

I now have a factory left hand stock which was made for the Mk1 rifle, as noted by the cut out for the sliding cover that releases the pump arm. Note also that the cut out for the bolt is on the same side as for the right hand stock, so I guess no true left hand actions were made.

Right now I am really pleased!!

Pictured alongside a Factory right hand stock, which are too wide around the pistol grip to enable a lefty to acquire a proper hold.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139515...h/25894610351/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    When I acquired a couple of Diana 100 rifles I emailed the factory and asked if they had ever produced a left hand stock. The lack of response made me think that they were never made.

As ever in the world of classic airguns never assume anything.....

I now have a factory left hand stock which was made for the Mk1 rifle, as noted by the cut out for the sliding cover that releases the pump arm. Note also that the cut out for the bolt is on the same side as for the right hand stock, so I guess no true left hand actions were made.

Right now I am really pleased!!

Pictured alongside a Factory right hand stock, which are too wide around the pistol grip to enable a lefty to acquire a proper hold.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139515...h/25894610351/
    Nice purchase, Mark! I suppose it was easier and cheaper for Diana just to make a leftie stock and keep all the actions the same, right and left - rather than produce a true leftie rifle with the bolt handle on the other side. It's not like the model was that commercially successful anyway, as far as I can tell.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.