Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bisley arms fair this sunday 27th march...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Bisley arms fair this sunday 27th march...

I'm thinking of going, not been to one for ages...

Who's going ?

I gather John and Baz (table 40 ?) will be there from some other threads... not that I kow whom either look like ?

Anyone else ?

Cheers - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hoping too but grandkids vomiting bug has reached wife.
    I like the March show as there are usually some good buys around.
    Note I said good not cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post

Who's going ?

I gather John and Baz (table 40 ?) will be there from some other threads... not that I kow whom either look like ?

Anyone else ?

Cheers - JB
    Hi Jon,

Jo and I remember you and your good lady from the CSFTA hunter shoots of a decade and more ago!

Will look out for you.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Who's going ?

Anyone else ?

Cheers - JB
    Look for a more haggard face and a much smaller .177 than the 375 H&h on this pic now I live in UK.

Last edited by Benelli B76; 25-03-2016 at 10:33 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Just heard I may not have table 40, but we have manged to get 5 tables in a row so you will see me behind a pile of black rifle bags and knife display cases.

Baz

Where abouts on site is the fair and can I take the kids along
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

. not that I kow whom either look like ?
    Jon there's a pic of John M on page 41 here. It may help with identification if he's sighting down a Webley Service Mk2 at the time you spot him (quite likely).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Where abouts on site is the fair and can I take the kids along
    At the Pavilion.
    Think kids ok

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    At the Pavilion.
    Think kids ok
    Cheers
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

How was it then? Any good stuff? I ended up at Norwich antiques fair! Couple of silly priced premiers, even sillier priced webley pellet tins!!!!!

Great show and it was a pleasure to chat with so many collectors - both old friends and new.

I realised after some 6 hours that I had not sat down yet and then found it hard to get up again!

Josie gave me the evil eye when I turned up with a Webley and two Diana pistols within the first 20 minutes, so I dared not show her the rifle until later

I saw lots of money changing hands and there were certainly bargains to be had such as a very presentable BSA Breakdown with visible etching for £100.

Anyone else find that elusive bargain?

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I completely failed to make it; didn't sleep well last night so "woke" up shattered

On the plus side I'm supposed to be downsizing, so it probably saved me doing exactly the opposite...

Glad to hear it was a good event.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Great show and it was a pleasure to chat with so many collectors - both old friends and new.

I realised after some 6 hours that I had not sat down yet and then found it hard to get up again!

Josie gave me the evil eye when I turned up with a Webley and two Diana pistols within the first 20 minutes, so I dared not show her the rifle until later

I saw lots of money changing hands and there were certainly bargains to be had such as a very presentable BSA Breakdown with visible etching for £100.

Anyone else find that elusive bargain?

John
    Good to talk to you both, you've certainly got the G4 market covered John. I got there to be greeted an old friend of mine who presented me with a photo of me as a very young lad in 1981 taken at the first airgun club I ever joined. Only thing I bought was a tin of the original Sheridan "Bantam" cylindrical pellets. I suspect there were more bargains about, especially since Gingernut wasn't there to beat me to them!

Turned down a boxed Record LP1, which I should have bought since I have a soft spot for these cheap German pistols.
    Last edited by coburn; 27-03-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Good to meet you John, and I am very grateful to Binners for the bunch of springs he brought in for me. I bought a lot of spare parts that were available and tins of classic pellets including the new tins of Rhino .25 that were there. I see the guy sold all his stock. Did you see the the clever conversion Lawrie did on the BSA from spring to CO2 ?

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Good to meet you John, and I am very grateful to Binners for the bunch of springs he brought in for me. I bought a lot of spare parts that were available and tins of classic pellets including the new tins of Rhino .25 that were there. I see the guy sold all his stock. Did you see the the clever conversion Lawrie did on the BSA from spring to CO2 ?

Baz
    Hi Baz,

Good to meet you too and thank you once again for your help with the vernier. Yes Lawrie showed me his 'CO2' BSA - I think it was with some trepidation as he knows my fondness for originality. It was soon apparent the BSA had seen better days and was not a pristine example, which Lawrie pointed out he would never have converted anyway. I did like the magnetic forend, which gave the rifle a military air. I ended up buying a very nice Crosman 160 with match sights from Lawrie - a rifle I did not know I wanted until I handled it! My first 5 shots indoors with her all landed within a ragged one hole group of under 1/2 inch at 6 yards. To say I am pleased is an understatement. Sometimes it is these unexpected buys that end up being favourites.

Kind regards,

John