Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future collectable...?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Future collectable...?

I see Diana are making a Mauser branded Kar98 based on the Diana 460...http://hardairmagazine.com/news/prod...-day-3-report/

Probably be quite collectable I'd have thought?

kar98

Ilike it i wonder what the price is in £.A lovely rifle in full bore and plenty about. looks to have a sliding breach mechanism
    would be nice in 20lbs. if the law was different.

I'm sure it will sell to collectors & others who want something a little different.

I'm waiting for a test example to arrive, so that I can review it for Airgun World. With a little luck, this will be an adult version of the pre war Diana Model 30.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I think a full power version will not be as nice to handle and shoot as my 30.
    The new one isnt as pretty as mine either.

I could be wrong and would certainly like to have a go with the new one.
    Assume there won't be many around.
    Our local shops don't stock any Diana models.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Not quite in the same class ( ) but the idea of making mauser airguns is a bit old hat http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...g/Arrow1-1.jpg

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'm waiting for a test example to arrive, so that I can review it for Airgun World. With a little luck, this will be an adult version of the pre war Diana Model 30.

John
    I look forward to your review John, this air rifle interests me !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I look forward to your review John, this air rifle interests me !
    Me too - I can't wait to play with, I mean seriously test an example!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

K98

Sorry, but this is a non starter for me, there are better underlevers out there and if you really want a K98 replica, go to the trouble of getting an airsoft one that will look like it.

And to quote Gingernut. no shop near me stocks Diana's either.

I am the proud possessor of a plastic K98 which loads shells and fires 6mm balls out of them and then ejects them.
    It is a lot of fun indoors.
    Death to cardboard boxes!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Then once we've acquired our K98 lookalike we've got to decide what scope to put on it....?
    “An airgun or two”………

Not for me I'm afraid. I mean, it doesnt even have a dummy Bolt ? At least the Milpat had a dummy bolt. Didnt do anything of course , but at least it was there.

Lakey

Somewhat reminds me of the Anschutz/Hakim, although that was replicating a semi-auto so no bolt handle issues.

The trouble with

future "collectables" is,they are all being bought and carefully stored and the buyer would have to be a thousand years old to get back more than half he spent on the darn item.Much of the pleasure of collecting is lost if an item is bought with a view to selling it on. And remember,"quality remains long after price is forgotten"-not sure why I put this in-maybe because it is a motto of auction houses?

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    future "collectables" is,they are all being bought and carefully stored and the buyer would have to be a thousand years old to get back more than half he spent on the darn item.Much of the pleasure of collecting is lost if an item is bought with a view to selling it on. And remember,"quality remains long after price is forgotten"-not sure why I put this in-maybe because it is a motto of auction houses?
    Very true Trevor.

We are fortunate in that our hobby allows us to regain our stake and occasionally make a small profit if we buy wisely in the first place. You cannot say the same about other sports, even target shooting. I have sometimes paid over and above the 'going rate' whatever that is but the pleasure of owning a rarity exceeds the expenditure in some cases. Many would say I was daft in paying several hundred pounds for a pre WW1 Book of the BSA Air Rifle but it was the only original I have ever seen for sale and way more attractive to me than say a painting costing thousands. The occasional bargain balances the gun fund out, such as a pre WW1 BSA booklet on sights I bought through that auction site last weekend for £20 posted from Australia!

John