Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future collectable...?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Another factor apart from monetary value is "usage", I dont own any old vintage gear but I have some nice stuff some of which is collectable and I frequently use it all, usually in rotation at my local range.

For me, its satisfying to own collectables but I like to use them as often as I'm able !

As for the new Diana referred to in the OP, I would certainly use that !
    “An airgun or two”………

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think it is cool. It is not a 'replica' like the airsofts it is a airgun 'mimic' of a fullbore military rifle and as such it is in the tradition of the pre-WW2 'trainers', that is its charm. I bet they don't sell many, so yes I think it IS a future collectable.

Be nice if it had a 'volley fire' tangent rearsight graduated out to 2000 meters....

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think it is cool. It is not a 'replica' like the airsofts it is a airgun 'mimic' of a fullbore military rifle and as such it is in the tradition of the pre-WW2 'trainers', that is its charm. I bet they don't sell many, so yes I think it IS a future collectable.

Be nice if it had a 'volley fire' tangent rearsight graduated out to 2000 meters....
    Agreed !
    I reckon it won't be cheap either !
    “An airgun or two”………

Yip - looks like a ready made classic in the making...
    I'd have one by the look of em , mmm - they do look a bit special ( wonder what the price will be ? )

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Sorry, but this is a non starter for me, there are better underlevers out there and if you really want a K98 replica, go to the trouble of getting an airsoft one that will look like it.

And to quote Gingernut. no shop near me stocks Diana's either.
    You're missing the point. Just how close a replica it is, doesn't matter. It will be an air rifle with limited appeal and limited sales. Therefore it won't be all that common. In years to come it will be even less common, and so, it will become collectable.
    As for buying air soft..
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.