Just short stroked the 85

Fitted one of Tinner's delrin short stroke noses to my 85, along with a Wonky Donky spring (hope I'm not breaking any advertising rules by mentioning these two chaps, but I'm really just reviewing a nose extension and a spring)...

I went for the 12mm as mines a .22, and that takes the stroke from 86mm to 74mm. For camparison a 99 is 71mm (both are 26mm bore).

Wow Loverly to fire, soft and quick at the same time, easy to cock and blistering accurate with superdomes.

For the tiny outlay of a spring and a nose ext, this will literally transform the flippy, hold sensitive 85/95 into a tack driver.

With hindsight I think going for the 10mm might have been a smarter idea, as the piston is a little heavy, and the extra 2mm of stroke would help to soften it a bit more. Also, you just notice the "slack" movement when cocking at the begining of the stroke - but only just. With a 2mm shorter nose (i.e. 10mm instead), I reckon you wouldn't feel it at all. I'd defo go for the 10mm in .177 regardless.

So there you go; about the best bang for buck I've ever seen in the field of spring gun tuning.