Thread: Any pellet collectors out there?

Any pellet collectors out there?

Help! Amongst assorted items I have been asked to dispose of on behalf of the widow of a friend are about 40 assorted tins of pellets. Heaven knows why he collected so many as he hardly ever seemed to use his air rifles or pistols.

Many of the tins feel like they are still full, but a couple of tins are empty, with several duplicate tins. They were in three boxes marked 'UK Pellets', 'German Pellets' and one anonymous.

Apparently a 'dealer' looked at them recently and suggested a couple were worth quite a bit, but as the same expert valued one of his rifles at about £40 above the new price I'm not confident.

If there are any pellet aficionados out there I would be very grateful for some guidance. Unfortunately I am unable to upload pics to the web site but I have photos of all the tins which I can email if of interest - please message me.

I'd love to get rid of them in one batch but as there is such a mixture of recent, boring and unusual I guess that's unlikely.

Many thanks, Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard4959 View Post
    Help! Amongst assorted items I have been asked to dispose of on behalf of the widow of a friend are about 40 assorted tins of pellets. Heaven knows why he collected so many as he hardly ever seemed to use his air rifles or pistols.

Many of the tins feel like they are still full, but a couple of tins are empty, with several duplicate tins. They were in three boxes marked 'UK Pellets', 'German Pellets' and one anonymous.

Apparently a 'dealer' looked at them recently and suggested a couple were worth quite a bit, but as the same expert valued one of his rifles at about £40 above the new price I'm not confident.

If there are any pellet aficionados out there I would be very grateful for some guidance. Unfortunately I am unable to upload pics to the web site but I have photos of all the tins which I can email if of interest - please message me.

I'd love to get rid of them in one batch but as there is such a mixture of recent, boring and unusual I guess that's unlikely.

Many thanks, Richard
    Hello Richard
    If you ask the same question in the Collectors section,you will get a better answer regarding the older pellets.
    Good luck.
    Regards
    Les.