Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best bang for buck tune on an HW85/95...

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Yes sir!!! I'll get it done right away!
    That's the boy.

With the parts pre-prepped at home at your leisure, Rhys, it'll only take a few minutes to build her up at The Bash so you can be enjoying your freshly fettled rifle straight away.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

May be time to give a 95 another go....

Ended up selling the 98 before really giving it a chance - I think I just found the balance too front heavy, and I'm a TX owner!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post

Ended up selling the 98 before really giving it a chance - I think I just found the balance too front heavy, and I'm a TX owner!
    yeah, the 98 stock is great, but the barrel is just plain silly
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yeah, the 98 stock is great, but the barrel is just plain silly
    The shroud is silly if you only ever shoot off a bench.

As an example of a target air rifle, I give you the Diana Model 66:

Made in 1974 or something, even though the action is recoil-free, the rifle came fitted with a heavy steel barrel shroud as standard. Which, although it's removable, I've heard that "back in the day", most competitive match shooter types kept in the "on" position.

There's nothing like up front weight to slow down that wobbly figure of eight, so you can get that shot off just at the right moment, as the target swings across your point of aim (or the other way around to be precise).

I removed the shroud from mine though, because I don't like things too easy - if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post

Says I, thinking about buying another 98!

I have been through 3 HW45's though, each time deciding that I don't like the top heavy feel.

Maybe I should scratch my .25 itch with a 98, scratching two itches in one hit!

This looks good...!

Have recently acquired a .20 HW98 in a Luxus stock. I have fitted a Wonky Donky spring and guide set to it, and have to say it shoots loverley! No piston extension fitted.

It's funny, I no longer find the gun too front heavy. It feels just right to me. Guess that I am just used to front heavy guns now....