Thread: diana mod 27 preference

diana mod 27 preference

i have a diana/original 27 in .177 but can't seem to extract the accuracy that they are noted for.had this a while and have given it the once over and it shoots with decent power.at 20yds the groups are about 25mm but that is excluding a low left flier that seems to occur in every group,long story short,been using aa fields.does anyone have a pellet recommendation for this rifle? thanks for looking

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Yes it should do better than that. Clean the barrel, inspect the crown, check the breech jaws are nipped up to the correct amount of tightness.

Try RWS Superdomes, JSB Exact, H&N FTT and maybe H&N Match. You should be able to get a 12mm group with this rifle at 20 yards.

And try swapping your scope if symptoms persist. Let us know how you get on.

thanks for your recommendations,just using open sights but that doesn't account for the fliers.the breach on these is flared,would seating the pellet make any difference?.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    thanks for your recommendations,just using open sights but that doesn't account for the fliers.the breach on these is flared,would seating the pellet make any difference?.
    Hmm interesting. There is a slight possibility that sometimes thumbing the pellet in might put it in at a slight axis to the bore. There are some tests in an appendix to The Airgun Book about seating pellets and the difference in power and accuracy. As far as I remember seating did make a difference in some cases, but it was a matter of finding the exact depth for a particular pellet and I think that only a very small bit of consistent seating - less than 2 mm - gave the best results. This was with the oldschool pellets which are not nearly as good as the new ones. You can buy adjustable pellet seaters, I think T.R.Robb sells one, or you can make one yourself from a small bolt and a couple of nuts and washers.

I think an inch group is not too bad with open sights at 20 yards, try sticking a scope on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Hmm interesting. There is a slight possibility that sometimes thumbing the pellet in might put it in at a slight axis to the bore. There are some tests in an appendix to The Airgun Book about seating pellets and the difference in power and accuracy. As far as I remember seating did make a difference in some cases, but it was a matter of finding the exact depth for a particular pellet and I think that only a very small bit of consistent seating - less than 2 mm - gave the best results. This was with the oldschool pellets which are not nearly as good as the new ones. You can buy adjustable pellet seaters, I think T.R.Robb sells one, or you can make one yourself from a small bolt and a couple of nuts and washers.

I think an inch group is not too bad with open sights at 20 yards, try sticking a scope on it.
    quite happy with an inch group so will try some other pellets to see if i can reduce the fliers.i do have a small scope that would do the job,might give that a go as well. cheers

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Superdomes would have it for me here, a good all rounder !
    “An airgun or two”………

have tried some h&n and still not quite happy.i noticed a bit of dieselling so will have a look inside,maybe the old piston seal will need replacing.i would of thought a rifle of this power wouldn't have this problem,maybe it's the angled t.p. atb