Thread: Sub 12fpe long ranges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Long Range.

I use a BSF 60 out to 75yards, and can hit a fly's legs, if its still long enough. Mind the wind must be less than 10mph.

At Dinnington Range there used to be a pigeon decoy in the bushes at the top of the berm just over the 100 yards from the shooting benches. Regularly hit with HW97.22 Prosport .177 Walther lgv .177 SMK B40 .22 smk B26 in both .177 (BSA Barrel) and .22. I actually think That most of the guns on sale today will do the job provided you are shooting the best pellets for the barrel, and using the best technique for the rifle/ trigger. I know someone who can shoot his Webley pistols accurately out to 75 yards if the wind plays ball. It is all about mastering the trajectory and knowing your holdovers and windage. All the ballistic programs will get you in the neighbourhood you simply need to convert that into real world scenarios and practice. Shooting is like every other sport the more you practice the more proficient you will become. BUT you must use the best ammunition for the rifle. It is the gun that chooses which pellet to use not you.
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]