Thread: Sub 12fpe long ranges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta303 View Post
    I shoot a Walther LGM-2 10mtr indoor rifle out to 100 yards, its 5.5fpe and .177, running diopter sights.
    I love the LGM-2 and have a real soft spot for the SSP match rifles (I shoot a Steyr LG1 myself) so awesome to hear they are keeping up with the full power guns!!

I've just put the deposit down on a FX Independence which will be my new bench/long range gun, excited to get it setup and dialled in!!
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

A couple of Quick question, I have an AA S400, managed to get 65 yards out of it and hit the target.

What In theory is the maximum?
    Is there a way to improve the performance to get it further.

Fairly new to all this and thought it would be a good fun way into tinkering.
    All advice greatfully recieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzak View Post
    A couple of Quick question, I have an AA S400, managed to get 65 yards out of it and hit the target.

What In theory is the maximum?
    Is there a way to improve the performance to get it further.

Fairly new to all this and thought it would be a good fun way into tinkering.
    All advice greatfully recieved.
    Can you download Chairgun? If so have a look at the feature Maximum Distance, with your S400 if running at above 11fpe you should be able to shoot 100yds without any trouble. The maximum range shown by Chairgun depends on your fpe and the pellet used and the angle of elevation, but theoretically a pellet should be able to go in excess of 300yds albeit to no practical purpose.
    hth
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Can you download Chairgun? If so have a look at the feature Maximum Distance, with your S400 if running at above 11fpe you should be able to shoot 100yds without any trouble. The maximum range shown by Chairgun depends on your fpe and the pellet used and the angle of elevation, but theoretically a pellet should be able to go in excess of 300yds albeit to no practical purpose.
    hth

Jim
    i saw a very old T.R.Robb video (UK) & a .177 pellet from a 11.7 ftlb springer went 600yds (As above. Albeit to no practical purpose.)
    We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
    I find luxury just about adequate.