Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sub 12fpe long ranges

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    On a really still day at 100 yards myself and a good shooting mate can hit tin cans about 4 out of 5 times. Shooting a tx200 .177 off a bench. Not really up to VHTV accuracy but quite good enough for us.
    As previously posted on your last long range thread buddy.
    Welcome to attend the vhtv charity weekend and have a bit of a laugh with some shooting thrown in you never know you might enjoy it. Can forward dates and details if you wish

i love shooting long range as its a good challenge, i hit a 10mm reduced target at 75yards 3 times in a row in a competition only to take home the cash prize alot of eye whitnesses too but the lonest range is-
    range: 110 yards
    target: 3 inch exploding targets
    rifle: hw100 full length

I shoot a Walther LGM-2 10mtr indoor rifle out to 100 yards, its 5.5fpe and .177, running diopter sights.

When the weather plays ball its possible to get a 3 inch group, when its windy…. dream on !!

I must say this rifle amazes me with its consistency, its meant for indoor 10mtr, and yet holds its own against 10-11fpe rifles using scopes and what must be considered crazy ranges considering its power, its a damn fine gun. I've had a hit on a 40mm knockdown at 100 yards, standing, and a bullseye shot on a 3 inch shoot-n-c target, again at 100, but this time I was sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta303 View Post
    I shoot a Walther LGM-2 10mtr indoor rifle out to 100 yards, its 5.5fpe and .177, running diopter sights.
    I love the LGM-2 and have a real soft spot for the SSP match rifles (I shoot a Steyr LG1 myself) so awesome to hear they are keeping up with the full power guns!!

I've just put the deposit down on a FX Independence which will be my new bench/long range gun, excited to get it setup and dialled in!!
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

A couple of Quick question, I have an AA S400, managed to get 65 yards out of it and hit the target.

What In theory is the maximum?
    Is there a way to improve the performance to get it further.

Fairly new to all this and thought it would be a good fun way into tinkering.
    All advice greatfully recieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzak View Post
    A couple of Quick question, I have an AA S400, managed to get 65 yards out of it and hit the target.

What In theory is the maximum?
    Is there a way to improve the performance to get it further.

Fairly new to all this and thought it would be a good fun way into tinkering.
    All advice greatfully recieved.
    Can you download Chairgun? If so have a look at the feature Maximum Distance, with your S400 if running at above 11fpe you should be able to shoot 100yds without any trouble. The maximum range shown by Chairgun depends on your fpe and the pellet used and the angle of elevation, but theoretically a pellet should be able to go in excess of 300yds albeit to no practical purpose.
    hth
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Can you download Chairgun? If so have a look at the feature Maximum Distance, with your S400 if running at above 11fpe you should be able to shoot 100yds without any trouble. The maximum range shown by Chairgun depends on your fpe and the pellet used and the angle of elevation, but theoretically a pellet should be able to go in excess of 300yds albeit to no practical purpose.
    hth

Jim
    i saw a very old T.R.Robb video (UK) & a .177 pellet from a 11.7 ftlb springer went 600yds (As above. Albeit to no practical purpose.)
    We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
    I find luxury just about adequate.

Can anyone advise how far out the targets go at Lee Valley AGC? It's good fun going long range with sub12 springers.

Golf balls at 50 yards, knock-down targets at 60 yards. Unsurprisingly, I enjoy more consistency with my .177 than my .22.
    Air Arms Pro-Sport .22 cal walnut stock (2019), BSA Supersport .177 cal (1999), British Diana Model 27 .177 (1950s), Umarex 850 M2 .22, Webley MkVI Service Revolver .177 pellet (2019), Sig Sauer XFive .177 pellet, Colt 1911 pellet.

I'm still smacking them golfballs.. but now we have some at 85 yards. Had 4 in a row t'other day.

Good thing is with golfballs is they respond to how you hit them ie the swing back and forth if you centre hit em and right or left if you side hit em .

The four I hit were 3 in the middle. I'm taking some targets up the farm on a calm day ...really stretch it out. A lad I know hit an egg at 250 yards .....first shot.. TX200 .177 ...in the bloody middle!
    Same lad hit our 1.25" bell at 70 yards 4 times in a row.....STANDING!! ...STANDING.

NB new shooters seeing this... do not use golfballs nearer than 65 yards ...ricochets are dangerous. Even at long ranges it is possible. ...

Quote Originally Posted by roryah View Post
    Can anyone advise how far out the targets go at Lee Valley AGC? It's good fun going long range with sub12 springers.
    They can be set out to approx 80 Yards.
    We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
    I find luxury just about adequate.

Our range is pretty much unlimited as to distance so i usually shoot from 50yds upwards and have days when i can consistently hit targets at 100yds +.....depending on the wind which is challenging and very inconsistent due to the open site.

Regularly shoot 75m in my garden, stretch it out to 100 m on the range. Hw100 and short stroked TX. About 40mm groups achievable once I get my eye in and weather permitting.
    Wind can make things interesting out at this range.

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Long Range.

I use a BSF 60 out to 75yards, and can hit a fly's legs, if its still long enough. Mind the wind must be less than 10mph.

At Dinnington Range there used to be a pigeon decoy in the bushes at the top of the berm just over the 100 yards from the shooting benches. Regularly hit with HW97.22 Prosport .177 Walther lgv .177 SMK B40 .22 smk B26 in both .177 (BSA Barrel) and .22. I actually think That most of the guns on sale today will do the job provided you are shooting the best pellets for the barrel, and using the best technique for the rifle/ trigger. I know someone who can shoot his Webley pistols accurately out to 75 yards if the wind plays ball. It is all about mastering the trajectory and knowing your holdovers and windage. All the ballistic programs will get you in the neighbourhood you simply need to convert that into real world scenarios and practice. Shooting is like every other sport the more you practice the more proficient you will become. BUT you must use the best ammunition for the rifle. It is the gun that chooses which pellet to use not you.
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]