Thread: Sub 12fpe long ranges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sub 12fpe long ranges

Whats the longest you've all shot then with less than 12fpe?

My clubs longest range taps out at 72 yard with a 40mm kill zone target, which is the furthest I've ever managed to be consistent at.

No real reason for post just interesting to hear about pushing the limits of legal power
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Benchrested with a 5.5x25x50 milldot bushy scope , its 100metres at my local range. One breezeless early morning did 12 hits out of 12 onto a 40mm spinner from my .20rapid and 5 consecutive hits onto a 15mm spinner with my .177 rapid. On windless days I also manage a hit rate of about 2/10 aiming at spent .22 cartridges at 100yards although hit rate falls to about 1/100 if its even a little breezey.

Bb

Coke tin (bottom) @ 107 yds.
    .177 ProSport & .177 HW97.
    From bench.
    Just a slight breeze.
    Not bad for springers.

Plan to try hitting empty cartridges when/if the summer still air arrives.
    Last edited by Sterling; 23-04-2016 at 04:27 PM.

On a really still day at 100 yards myself and a good shooting mate can hit tin cans about 4 out of 5 times. Shooting a tx200 .177 off a bench. Not really up to VHTV accuracy but quite good enough for us.

75 yards

I shoot my 10.5 fpe .177 at a 50mm spinner and hit it quite often from the kneeling position off my bum bag.
    Soda cans are pretty easy at 75 as well.when I get past 80 things seem to fall apart.
    G A Damron V ,the vegatarian varmint destroyer.

Our club put on a mega bench rest shoot a while back. Two ten-shot cards to be shot at 60 yards and one ten-shot card at 80 yards. The comp was spread over five lanes laid out in a fan shape so the orientation to the wind was different for each lane. Competitors drew lots for their first lane, then their next two rounds were on different lanes each time.

Each person had a sighter card and a scoring card. No limit to the number of sighters but you had to put ten shots in the scoring card, in 12 minutes.

Can you believe it, we had just taken on a new member a few weeks beforehand and he hadn't bought his own rifle yet, so I offered to lend him my Airwolf (177 shooting 10.3 grain JSB heavy) and the blighter went and won the competition.

It's fired up a lot of enthusiasm for long range bench rest shooting and we've just completed a four-lane permanent 50 metre facility to meet members' demands.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    On a really still day at 100 yards myself and a good shooting mate can hit tin cans about 4 out of 5 times. Shooting a tx200 .177 off a bench. Not really up to VHTV accuracy but quite good enough for us.
    As previously posted on your last long range thread buddy.
    Welcome to attend the vhtv charity weekend and have a bit of a laugh with some shooting thrown in you never know you might enjoy it. Can forward dates and details if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Benchrested with a 5.5x25x50 milldot bushy scope , its 100metres at my local range. One breezeless early morning did 12 hits out of 12 onto a 40mm spinner from my .20rapid and 5 consecutive hits onto a 15mm spinner with my .177 rapid. On windless days I also manage a hit rate of about 2/10 aiming at spent .22 cartridges at 100yards although hit rate falls to about 1/100 if its even a little breezey.

Bb

That is some mighty impressive shooting

Long range groups

I actually started a thread on here over 10 tears ago about long range grouping with sub 12fpe air rifles. I managed a 32mm CtC gtoup at 100yds. I've shot a standard 40mm Field target and knocked it over at 130yds. I've never tried anything past this distance.. There is a video knocking around somewhere with John Farbrother hitting an egg at 200yds