Thread: BSA Foresights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've got in improved model d, with the diamond foresight - the only one I've come across in the real world. Seen others on the web though. Its a very fragile sight and I wouldn't imagine many stood the test of time, undamaged. The rifle had seen very little use and was in a wooden case fortunately.
    The ring foresight is another rare one, wonder how it was to shoot ?
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    I've got in improved model d, with the diamond foresight - the only one I've come across in the real world. Seen others on the web though. Its a very fragile sight and I wouldn't imagine many stood the test of time, undamaged. The rifle had seen very little use and was in a wooden case fortunately.
    The ring foresight is another rare one, wonder how it was to shoot ?
    I believe John has a gun with an original ring foresight and says it is brilliant in conjunction with an aperture for bell target. I have a replica I made to fit on the blade of a BSA 20B unit as I prefer a barleycorn / ring combo.

Obviously any of these patterns can be made from a damaged existing unit with a file and a welder

ATB, ED

Yes I have a ring in place of the standard bead and it is a dinky little sight.

I used it in conjunction with an aperture sight in a vintage shoot once and as it was a bright day, I could almost choose which part of the kill I could place the pellet. In fact, I felt the sight gave me such an advantage over others that I have never competed with it since. Having just a shadowy ring around your intended point of impact works really well and I'll have to take her out again for a shoot one of these days.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.