Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley MKVI

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?

Webley MKVI

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut......

Went into my local to drop off some flyers for our Air Rifle and Pistol club. Got chatting to the owner, and asked him if he had ever had any Webley MKVI revolvers in pellet flavour in stock........Well you can guess the rest, 10 minutes later I'm back in the car with my new purchase

Anyhow, it seems good, and after about 40 shots the trigger is smoothing out really well. But- what is the best pellet to use? I've tried eley wasps (rubbish) JSB's (too heavy) Accupells (possible...) and Bisley practice, best so far but not perfect.

So a question for other owners- what have you found to be the best?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Hi tony, lol always the way mate, next time you go, leave your wallet at home..
    the webley MKVI are lovely revolvers aren't they, if im honest they are not my style in looks but i cant fault the realism and build quality thats for sure, i personally think they are the best airgun revolvers on the market for those reasons..

As for pellets RWS Co2 Target pellets work well in them. 7gr with thin smooth skirt, lol worked well in the one i used anyway, and in general i love those pellets anyway in pistols and revolvers and even in my walther lever action rifle..

Happy shooting mate.
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Thanks Marc- I'll give them a try!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Gecos should work well and are cheap.
    Always my first choice for pistols.

I'd second Geco's, also my first choice.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I bought mine in battlefield finish today. I am not a fan of revolvers but this one is just too good to miss out on.

Much has been raid about it's realism and build quality which are superb. Whilst only a Webley by name I am happy to add it my Webley pistol collection which consists of Mk1 straight grip, Mk1 angled grip, 2x Senior, 2x Premier, Typhoon (original), Typhoon (recoilless), Hurricane (original), Hurricane (modern), Tempest, 2x Nemesis, 3x Junior and an Alecto.

As for shooting the Mark V1 it can hardly be described as accurate - which is exactly in keeping with the original which was a rapid fire, very close range point and shoot weapon with sights as an afterthought for practice. It is low powered but makes a nice bang and the plinking aspect is a great plus to it's static model status.

As to pellets - tbh any that fit will do - as I say we are not talking target pistol here.

It may sound as if I am being disparaging - far from it I LOVE IT - I did not buy it for it's accuracy or power.

They are fun and very satisfying,but probably better at least for my way of thinking in bb format.I bought the .177 pellet version which is not particularly accurate and will not puncture a steel can.My Umarex Colt SAA's will punch holes in a steel can without problem at 6yards.I will get a bb version of the MKV1 at some point and not bother with the after thought pellet firing versions of these bb guns again.

ATB

I've fallen for pellet firing versions of Dan Wessons a couple of times.
    They aren't worth it Imo.
    For that reason I haven't gone for a pellet Webley.
    I find the Bb version pretty good as is the Peacemaker.

I'm not technical but I can't see how the dummy shell system can achieve great accuracy?

Now that warmer weather is here I will get both versions of the DW 715s to the range and see if there is any real difference between Bb and pellet.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I've fallen for pellet firing versions of Dan Wessons a couple of times.
    They aren't worth it Imo.
    For that reason I haven't gone for a pellet Webley.
    I find the Bb version pretty good as is the Peacemaker.

I'm not technical but I can't see how the dummy shell system can achieve great accuracy?

Now that warmer weather is here I will get both versions of the DW 715s to the range and see if there is any real difference between Bb and pellet.
    Try the 715 pellet shells in the old DW and you might find a difference in accuracy, you will certainly notice a large increase in velocity (about 35%).

As nicely made as the original DW pellet shells are, too much power is lost through them.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I've just bought some Dan Wesson 715 pellet shells to try in my peacemaker and they shoot very nicely. They look to be a well made shell and I use Geco flathead and superpoint in them to good effect!

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Try the 715 pellet shells in the old DW and you might find a difference in accuracy, you will certainly notice a large increase in velocity (about 35%).

As nicely made as the original DW pellet shells are, too much power is lost through them.
    I will do that Bloo.
    Makes sense.
    Never understood why the old 8 inch pellet DW is such a wimp.

Nickel Webley due soon.
    For pistol tarts.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Nickel Webley due soon.
    For pistol tarts.
    Why would anyone bother doing that, like customising an Austin Maxi!

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    I have the Battlefield BB version (love it) but was planning to buy the pellet version as I assumed the accuracy would be improved quite a bit, is that not the case?

There is no doubt that they look amazing but the BB version is pretty rubbish when it comes to accuracy.

Is it worth buying the pellet version then? I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has had both.

Cheers
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Why would anyone bother doing that, like customising an Austin Maxi!

Baz
    Apparently there were shiny real steel ones around.
    Mostly in India.
    You know I like shiny things!